how secure is paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
i want to make payments oline. Though for the trustworthy sites like lic, bsnl etc i have been using my credit card but not all the websites look like the honest sites. Such as ebay, filesharing , unbranded items so on. However the option of paypal is existing. I just want to know is it safe to use paypal for such less reliable looking sites. ( the worry in using the credit card for such sites is once they have cdt card no, exp date and the cvv no then they can use the card thereafter at there will and i will be fighting with my card company for the fraud purchases) . i hope my doubt is clearly understood.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Very Secure, Paypal is main source of Payment on Internet for US, UK, Canada, Australia and now even India.

They make Transaction worth Billions.... :) Ebay doesnt looks honest you you :eek: :lol:

There are like hundreds of threads relating to Paypal on forum, please search to clear your queries :)

prasad_den

Padawan
One more certificate of reliability from a long time paypal user, me....!!:) It is reliable.., but of course, as with any online transaction, take all the necessary safety precautions, like not using cafe PCs, making sure the password remember option is off, etc...!! :D

and with regards to ebay, the paisa pay option there is a very good feature.. Unless you confirm receipt of the product you ordered, the payment is not released to the seller..!

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
So how can i get a paypal acount ?? i need it for Rapidshare d/load purpose.. any centers to go to for getting an account ?? I am a college student so i do not hv a Credit Card..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Go to Paypal.com and signup :p But it is of no use if you dont have a Credit Card to fund the Account but you can still use it to receive money :D

shammi

Right off the assembly line
paypal is very secure (unless you dont do anything stupid ofcourse) and if you do they they will let you know

many services are provided by paypal

still do not use credit card or paypal in cyber cafe

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
fine.... lot of input which helped me.... only one doubt now.... "is there a possibility that one transaction approved by me can result in anytime/multiple transactions if the agency on the other end want to do that??"

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
fine.... lot of input which helped me.... only one doubt now.... "is there a possibility that one transaction approved by me can result in anytime/multiple transactions if the agency on the other end want to do that??"

Yes, if use signup with Paypal Subscribtion link. When you get a Subscribtion link to Paypal you will see something like this

Payment to XXX for YYY 10$
Every 3 Months

You can cancel Subscribtions anytime though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom