[Complaint] How Samsung is committing fraud?

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a 2 year old 32inch samsung led tv model number UA32eh5000RXL. We don't use this tv much as this is in guest room. Few days ago I found that the when we swtich on the tv red light flashes and only sound comes not video.
Called Samsung customer care registered a complaint they said engg. Will visit and explained me the service chargers as follows:
1> engg. Visits opens you are tv tells you whats the problem and how much you need to pay. You decide not to repair then you need to pay 180rs service tax of 14.5%. Included
2> you decide to repair the tv then you have to pay 650rs plsu the part charges and service tax of 14.5%.

Got a call from engg the next day and he asked whats the problem this and that and then asked me if I knew about the charges. I said yes CC explained me. He said no if I come to you're home I will take 680rs no matter what even if you decide not repair the tv, I asked how come you are asking charges different from what CC said. He said call CC again.

Next day I got a message from samsung stating complaint got cancelled because customer refused to pay charges. Again called samsung CC explained to them what exactly happened they understood and assured me that the engg will visit and will charge only what the actual charges are, even gave me a number of the service centre in my city and told me to contact them if the engg asked for extra money then the charges.

Finally engg came this time without calling and plugged the tv and powered it on as usual only sound no video. Then he took a flashlight and pointed on the screen touching it and moving it randomly after he checked the model number and called someone and asked for the price of panel fo the tv. He then proceeded to tell me that panel is not working and the new panel with repair cost will be total of 19500 rs.

I declined it and gave him 180rs and he went away. After few days I got a call from that engg asking sir are you going to repair the tv I told him I have told you already I am not going to repair it. Then told me that samsung buys such product from customer to use the other parts of tv like pcb and power supply and they are willing to buy it for 2000rs.
I asked for 3000rs and he immediately agreed to buy it he even came in 1 hour to pick it up. He again checked everything like he did last time and gave me 3000rs and took the tv.
Now I get a feeling that the Tv repair was only minor and samsung tried to rip me off by offering the panel repair and when I declined the bought it and will profit from it. Is this the level Big brands have stooped to. Multi billion dollar company are doing this to customers.
Never ever buying a samsung tv again.

OP
HE-MAN

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Since I have already taken the money from engg I don't think anything will happen from complaining to CC. Still will try and at least will let them know that certain technician are committing fraud in the name of samsung

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Inform Samsung and forget about it.. Atleast Samsung will try and ensure others don't suffer the same. If Samsung has good hold on people at such level, the engineer may return you the TV and take back his 3K.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is Samsung appointed some local repair shop or a branch of such 3rd party warranty Handler .. They run their own parallel business of repairing tvs along with responding to calls from samsung CC. This is the reason why the TV repair guy bought the defective TV so he can use the parts to repair other TVs.

Once I had to use samsung service and it's was pretty okay. Got panel replacement with just 2 visit. No one asked for any sort of money. AOC is even .. got panel replacement within 6 hours and 1 visit only.

OP
HE-MAN

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
I for sure know he was from samsung, he wore uniform and before visiting he called from landline of samsung service center in my city

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I for sure know he was from samsung, he wore uniform and before visiting he called from landline of samsung service center in my city

Did you note his name or record telephonic conversation where he demanded money ? If he is a samsung employee then you can at-least complain against him to samsung regarding one of their employee and below par quality of service. Don't know what will be the result but no harm in trying. BTW, your TV was in the warranty period ?

Top Bottom