How safe are you?

androi

Right off the assembly line
why reviewers including digit doesn't mention sar value and mention it as a negative point for the ones with high sar values?
I prefer to buy samsung smartphones since they are mostly low on sar values at-least in a few mid range ones. Also they put their antennas in the bottom in most of their android phones, thats why you see many sar values mentioned on samsung handsets have sar value low on the head result and high on body (Note 3> 0.29W/kg (head) 0.36W/kg (body). Also samsung is made out of plastic, which helps the antennas compared to metal ones. Yes, many will be boiling over since i mentioned Samsung in a positive way, I agree with you its hardware is not as durable as many, UI is heavy and its plastic. Still even my next handset will most possibly be an Samsung, cause sar values, handset being light is more important to me than a feel of metal.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
dont worry about it, brick houses, people and bananas emit more harmful radiation than the phone

*i.imgur.com/FH10BCy.png

*xkcd.com/radiation/

androi

Right off the assembly line
dont worry about it, brick houses, people and bananas emit more harmful radiation than the phone

Once idiots believed smoking was good for health

*www.crestock.com/uploads/blog/2009/controversial/20-Dr.-Battys-asthma-cigarettes.jpg

*www.crestock.com/uploads/blog/2009/controversial/18-Old-gold.jpg​

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
why reviewers including digit doesn't mention sar value and mention it as a negative point for the ones with high sar values?
I prefer to buy samsung smartphones since they are mostly low on sar values at-least in a few mid range ones. Also they put their antennas in the bottom in most of their android phones, thats why you see many sar values mentioned on samsung handsets have sar value low on the head result and high on body (Note 3> 0.29W/kg (head) 0.36W/kg (body). Also samsung is made out of plastic, which helps the antennas compared to metal ones. Yes, many will be boiling over since i mentioned Samsung in a positive way, I agree with you its hardware is not as durable as many, UI is heavy and its plastic. Still even my next handset will most possibly be an Samsung, cause sar values, handset being light is more important to me than a feel of metal.

why do you care much about sar! i think #post 20 clears most facts... do you know that the quoted sar value for note 3 is exactly for Europian market? they have pretty low cut off. see the sar value Specs - AT&T Cell Phones SM-N900A | Samsung Cell Phones. it doesn't matter your next phone is samsung or not, how ever 'sar' value is not the ultimate level of safety.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
don't make a big deal out of it.. like previously commented by other members

i wanted to say 1 thing i did some research long time ago on this topic now forgotten

usa has a 1.6 w/kg limit which is averaged over 1gm
and europe has a limit of 2w/kg which is averaged over 10gm

which one was more harmful/safer theoretically i forgot

a samsung 0.5w/kg could also be more harmful than moto E 1.5 w/kg

so we can't conclude on the basis of sar which one is more safer

- - - Updated - - -

So im relatively safer than moto E users

^^Yeah, a bit safer.

No not at all a bit safer .. you can't answer that question on the basis of SAR

SAR is the Maximum radiation that can be absorbed under full load

so if samsung phone has a sar limit of 0.5 w/kg and on average the energy absorbed is 0.4w/kg whereas motorola has 1.5w/kg and on average it absorbs only 0.35 w/kg on average..

then moto E is relatively safer than Samsung..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but those slang were directed in air, not towards any person. And I didn't start anything! That other kid was the one who actually used words like "your stupid arse comment" and all.

Anyway, bunch of kids playing in kindergarten, always adorable, even when mistakes are done. Lets get over with it.
Think twice before using that Facepalm smiley. You started it off. He reacted.

If you don't agree with him, just tell him that you disagree and move on. That's what the other guy who disagreed with him did.

btw, banned for homophobia. We don't need that kind of shite posts here.

Top Bottom