How often to open up your cabinet ?

mitraark

Decrepit
How much does a blower cost ? I asked in a shop, they quoted Rs 500, it's around 700 online, worth the price ?

I am sure i have more dust inside my cabinet than any of you, i live in a hostel, i haven't cleaned my room since last year, 3 intake fans pull in huge amount of dust, cleaned it on New Year, used a "Pichkari", and a table fan to blow off all the dust, it's really hard to clean it without opening anything with all the wires from SMPS and so many HDDs but i have to keep my PC running all the time ( Read: too lazy )

Myth

Cyborg Agent
9tb total. lol.
That must be the local piratebay server :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
DVDs flake after long storage
and go corrupt
store all critical data in the cloud

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Not a long term solution. Starts with small spots and edges. The heat and himidity exfoliate the layers. You have to keep em absolutely sealed.
Srsly, cloud is better than dvds as a long term storage solution, pls not to trust critical data to dvds, at least create data dumps and email em to yourself

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
thank you for your profound observations, but it was not a suggestion, it was an answer to the question

:lol:

I use Verbatim DVDs :chucks:

Only those imported Verbatim are good. I've 2 spindle of them along with 1 spindle of 'desi' Verbatim. Those imported ones are very good, but from the desi spindle I already found 5-6 damaged disks.

tkin

Back to school!!
Not a long term solution. Starts with small spots and edges. The heat and himidity exfoliate the layers. You have to keep em absolutely sealed.
Srsly, cloud is better than dvds as a long term storage solution, pls not to trust critical data to dvds, at least create data dumps and email em to yourself
DVDs just for media, critical data is all synced using google drive :D

:lol:

Only those imported Verbatim are good. I've 2 spindle of them along with 1 spindle of 'desi' Verbatim. Those imported ones are very good, but from the desi spindle I already found 5-6 damaged disks.
Mines the foreign one, from Singapore I think.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
imported Verbatim DVDs? how are they compared to moserbaer/sony/frontech dvds? and cost of those and shop for buying please.

tkin

Back to school!!
imported Verbatim DVDs? how are they compared to moserbaer/sony/frontech dvds? and cost of those and shop for buying please.
Got them from ebay and flipkart, now only ebay stocks them: Verbatim DVD-R Matt Silver 50pack 16x 4.7gb DVD AZO | eBay

PS: These guys(dvdstoredelhi) import them, last I bought these for 600/- per pack. But even @ 750/- these are worth it. The scans are beyond groovy: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/153541-multi-dvd-cd-reviews.html

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
15/disc hmm.. it can be considered.. have to talk with my cousin.. he uses dvds..
@tkin, thanks!!