How much will a RS- MMC cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hi can anyone suggest me which RS-MMC to buy for my Nokia 3230 and their prices. I want to buy either a 128mb or 256 mb card. I want a card from a good company at competitive price but have no idea of its costs. Plus can anyone suggest me a good place to buy it anyhwere in mumbai.

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Go for Kingston or Tanscend but Iam not sure about their prices and the Genuine Nokia 256 mb DV RS MMC is for Rs. 2000.

Aparajith

Broken In
Hey Guys,

I saw a thread about a Nokia 7610 supporting a 1GB flash card. Will my 6630 do the same ? Can it too support a GB of memory without problems, because as far as I heard 512 MB is THE limit. Any ideas ???

prash007

Journeyman
I dont think it ll be a problem...u can go with it.

The only thing is that...more space..more data...slower ur mobile!

I think 512 shud be apt...

wat else are u gonna store on it?

OP
M

mehulved

Dunno about that but that will make your cell phone slow for sure. I would advise against going for it even if it is supported due to performance reasons.

Aparajith

Broken In
Well mate, ur idea was good for sure!!!!!!!!! I was planning for a long distance car trip. So thought could take a few movies and watch them all on the trip. I anyway have a 12V car charger so battery won`t be a problem. But memory space sure would be. Anyway thanx for ur suggestion.

OP
M

mehulved

Well 512mb is gonna be enough for 4-5 movies if u can edit them. And i think 4 movies and a few songs will b enough for a long trip 2 while leaving some space for u 2 click photos if u r using ur cell phone as a camera 2.

prash007

Journeyman
U will definitely convert the movies to a smaller format(smartmovie s the best!)..in that case as tech_your_future says...u will surely hav space for 4 movies...u can hav another 100mb for songs..pics and ur existing data.

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
1 GB makes the mobile speed pathetic and everybody against this. As far as space is concerned, you can use two cards of small storage instead of big one. Make a use of 6630's hot swap feature!

maximus999

Broken In
vishalbhatia said:
Go for Kingston or Tanscend but Iam not sure about their prices and the Genuine Nokia 256 mb DV RS MMC is for Rs. 2000.

Genuine Nokia card is Sandisk right? Or it isnt?

OP
M

mehulved

I was checking out the prices on ebay india. They had 512mb of transcend costing Rs. 3500. And if I remember correctly Kingston 512mb cost Rs.2500 and 128 cost Rs. 1500.

beaditya

Journeyman
I got a sandisk 1 gb in my mobile ....7610.

I have no problems of hangin or phone slowin down................all u hear is crap !!!

the phone does take about 1 or 1.5 seconds more for a 1gb rs mmc than a 64 mb card to scan the files when u open em thru file manager.....................but believe me u'll not even notice it.

A 1 gb card will always leave u wanting more !!!

Now I am lookin for a 2 gb card for my 7610 , i dnt know if it even exists but i saw an ad in ebay or sumthin ..................if anybody knows abt it plz PM me.

I got my card for 74 $ on buy.com

I dnt know if they ship to india , but if they do ......................get one !!!

OP
M

mehulved

Wow! Man do u ever get enough! That's actually great to know. Man are u planning to make it into a laptop or what? Yeah maybe u should follow the trend of convergence. What do you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom