How much speed of hard disk and ram of graphic's card matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Hi friend's i would like to know two things
1. First is how much of the hard disk speed matters i.e., how much will be the performance difference between 5400rpm HDD and 7200rpm HDD.
2. And how much the ram size makes difference, how much the performance differences between 256mb video memory and 512mb video memory.

Thanks in advance

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Makes lot of difference especially in tasks like copying files, database operations, gaming where HDD will be accessed a lot. More rpm means more data transfer rate. Nowadays, it's difficult to find 5400rpm desktop HDDs.

2) Same thing with Video RAM. Current gen games are really huge and so, if you are playing at resolution at or higher than 1280x720, a 512MB VRAM is necessary. This way, most part of game will stay on VRAM instead of HDD/mobo-RAM and as a result reduces game load times.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
1) More RPM more Transfer rates. Higher the RPM lower will be data accessing speed.

2) Vram is used to store the data relating to the work that GPU doing. GPU only works things that relate to filling up your monitor pixels. More Amount of Vram more speed the GPU calculates. But as the Vram increasing the bus interface must me raised so that it can take full utilization of Vram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom