How much can I sell my old stuff for?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So will it be exponential rise in prices?
So mobile laptop tv every electronic product, parts will be sold at high price in coming days.
Not all products as not all semiconductor chips are manufactured using same production lines, for pc specific parts only processor shortage will continue to remain for next few years though corona situation easing may mean prices might be 10-15% higher compared to 2019 prices unlike current situation. hdd prices situation will dpend mainly on chia/similar cryptocurrency demand while graphics card prices will solely depend on bitcoin/similar cryptocurrency demand. TV becomes costlier mainly because of govt increasing customs duty while for mobiles the chip shortage is not as severe & maybe with reduction in demand as corona situation eases the prices may fall to 2019 levels.

quicky008

Technomancer
If this crisis is not resolved anytime soon, it may spell the death of pc gaming for average folks who cant afford to shell out obscene prices even for entry level gpus, thus leaving it solely as the pasttime of the affluent.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this crisis is not resolved anytime soon, it may spell the death of pc gaming for average folks who cant afford to shell out obscene prices even for entry level gpus, thus leaving it solely as the pasttime of the affluent.
Seems like people will have to do with this crisis for at least next 1-1.5 years & live with either playing games at low quality settings or shift to console gaming.

sumit05

In the zone
Okay.
Is it your main system? As of now?
And any service repair done on motherboard or CPU?
Yes its my only system.Everthing is perfect condition 9/10.
Want to sell it but not yet as it the only pc i m using it now.I m waiting for 12th gen i3 to comeout.Then i will sell it.

U too there in TE.:thumbs:

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Price for i5 8700k and gigabyte z370 gaming 5.
Someone in techenclave forum contacted me.
Also one more person contacted for i5 8400 at 16.5k, is this price justified?
I won't buy though.

Last edited:
I won't buy though.
The i5 8700K doesn't exist, maybe you mean 8600K.

Intel's second-hand CPUs fetched a relatively high price because people pay to just upgrade CPU keeping same mobo which is supported for just 2 gens. But that's too high. New i5 11400F is under 14k, for iGPU, i5 10400 is about 15k & i5 11400 at ~18k.

If you are buying new CPU + mobo, just buy a new B560, even cheap one like Gigabyte B560M DS3H can just handle i5 11400 without power limits & that costs 9k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't buy though.
You can get new intel 11400f for 13800 while a decent B560 mobo for around 8k(if alright with performance loss) or a 12k mobo with full performance. For your usage though even a used ryzen 2nd gen 6 core processor(if you can find it around 7-8k) with a good B450 mobo like asrock B450 Pro 4 will work fine & will cost cheaper too or intel latest quad core processor with cheap entry level mobo.

@omega44-xt See this:

You can get new intel 11400f for 13800 while a decent B560 mobo for around 8k(if alright with performance loss) or a 12k mobo with full performance. For your usage though even a used ryzen 2nd gen 6 core processor(if you can find it around 7-8k) with a good B450 mobo like asrock B450 Pro 4 will work fine & will cost cheaper too or intel latest quad core processor with cheap entry level mobo.

@omega44-xt See this:
I have seen that. By default Gigabyte B560M DS3H caps i5 11400 at 65W TDP rated by Intel. You can unlock it via BIOS to hit the full 4.2GHz all core freq without throttling. It is one of the cheapest mobo that can do that and as you said a 12k mobo will be better:
mobo B560 i5 11400.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
By default Gigabyte B560M DS3H caps i5 11400 at 65W TDP rated by Intel. You can unlock it via BIOS to hit the full 4.2GHz all core freq without throttling.
But avg ambient temps in India are much higher so I think an extra margin of around 10-15C should be kept for Indian climate just to be extra sure.

I thought many games nowadays take advantage of as many cores as possible resulting in an overall more processor load compared to older games.
It's dependent on several parameters, but games still don't hit 100% usage on a 6 core CPU like a productivity task does but older architecture will deliver lower performance in games due to stuff like lower single core performance & lower cache. You can see a ~70W difference in total system power draw in blender between 5600X & 11600K, but in gaming its like 35W difference.

CPU mid range 2021 (1).png

CPU mid range 2021 (4).png

TheSloth

The Slowest One
1-1.5k for a used combo if you are lucky. Membrane keyboards don't makes sense.
I would say it make sense at certain budgets. Mechanical keyboards are costly and people with budget of 25K-35K have no option but to chose those membrane keyboards unless they are fine spending money on peripherals instead of PC components.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I would say it make sense at certain budgets. Mechanical keyboards are costly and people with budget of 25K-35K have no option but to chose those membrane keyboards unless they are fine spending money on peripherals instead of PC components.
Used TVS Golds can be found for cheap. Clean them up and they'll be much better than any new membrane keyboard at same price.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Used TVS Golds can be found for cheap. Clean them up and they'll be much better than any new membrane keyboard at same price.
How is TVS Champ Elite Wireless Combo
I am looking for wireless combos which have caps lock , num lock & charging lights because these are essential.

I also looked at Portronics Key4 & Key5 Wireless Combo

Which is best or better?
Please reply
Thanks

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

+1
Membrane KBs are still good & the way to go for most people.

For me, backlit is kind of imp, so TVS gold is out of consideration, also the sound is another con. That's why I bought a CM Devatator combo almost 5 years back, its KB is still working although I upgraded to a mech KB now.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hey Folks. I have a MacBook Air Early 2015 model with 8GB Memory and 128GB SSD. Works fine, has no scratches etc. on the body. This has been kept in utmost care over the years. I bought it in 2017.
One problem is: its battery is completely dead now, which can be replaced for 4-5k.
What should be the ideal selling price? If I get the battery replaced, will I be able to get better price?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Hey Folks. I have a MacBook Air Early 2015 model with 8GB Memory and 128GB SSD. Works fine, has no scratches etc. on the body. This has been kept in utmost care over the years. I bought it in 2017.
One problem is: its battery is completely dead now, which can be replaced for 4-5k.
What should be the ideal selling price? If I get the battery replaced, will I be able to get better price?
I have the same macbook with same battery problem and service center is quoting 13k Where are you getting quote for 4-5k?

Top Bottom