How much can I sell my old stuff for?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
@SaiyanGoku & @whitestar_999

Thanks to both of you.
Can you please confirm selling 5yrs old Asus P2430U for 10k -12k is not worthy option?

Actually now the display of Asus P2430u is not up to the mark and it's heavy to carry so I wanted to get myself new ryzen laptop.
Last year I dropped the plan for upgrading ssd in it.
Now after hearing your suggestions I am rethinking to retain the 5yrs old Asus for few more yrs as it's in good condition.

Do you guys think removing DVD drive & getting caddy in its place is advisable? ( Which caddy brand is best?)

Or

I should replace old HDD with new SSD?
In this case let me know good casing for existing internal HDD.

Sent from my PAR-AL00 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can you please confirm selling 5yrs old Asus P2430U for 10k -12k is not worthy option?
If you want to sell it, I'd gladly take it off your hands for 10-12k :lol:

Do you guys think removing DVD drive & getting caddy in its place is advisable? ( Which caddy brand is best?)

Or

I should replace old HDD with new SSD?
In this case let me know good casing for existing internal HDD.
I don't think it has an m.2 slot for ssd.

If you need more storage:
Remove dvd, use hdd in a caddy, keep ssd in hdd slot.

Otherwise, replace hdd with ssd. I use Orico usb 3.0 enclosure for 2.5" drives.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you need more storage:
Remove dvd, use hdd in a caddy, keep ssd in hdd slot.
I personally prefer & suggest using dvd drive caddy for ssd, reason being laptop dvd drive slot & sata port were not designed for hdd so even after using caddy I doubt heat dissipation & physical vibrations within dvd drive slot can compare to hdd slot. There is also chance of many laptop models employing some sort of power saving feature on dvd drive slot sata port which may corrupt hdd data/shorten its life but ssd is unaffected by such matters. Only reason for using ssd in hdd slot was that old laptop models used to come with sata 1/2 port in dvd drive slot but even my 5 years old 4th gen core i laptop has sata 3 port in dvd drive slot so I doubt it is a concern anymore.
@sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
@SaiyanGoku & @whitestar_999

Thanks a ton guys.
I will try this DIY project during Diwali vacation. I was avoiding the same for all sorts of hassles but now got some confidence as I am not loosing anything. Just hoping that it serves me for atleast 3 more years after this mod.
If all ok it's can be used at remote places for work.

Thanks again.

Sent from my PAR-AL00 using Tapatalk

chetansha

In the zone
How much can i sell for corsair dominator platinum ddr3 1866mhz 8gb x 2. With life time warranty. New pc from rma.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Depending on your negotiation skills, 8-10k.
Okay thank you very much
Now need to look for a buyer

And what kind of a monitor do I need to buy for gaming especially in budget range of 21k only but needs to have 27 inches to 32 inches range.
Please reply.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom