How much can I sell my old stuff for?

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys i received new seagate 1TB 6GB/s HDD fom RMA the specifications areBarracuda® Hard Drive
i don't know the warranty i will check it.so at what price can i sell this?

tkin

Back to school!!
guys i received new seagate 1TB 6GB/s HDD fom RMA the specifications areBarracuda® Hard Drive
i don't know the warranty i will check it.so at what price can i sell this?
Flipkart sells them for 5.5k: Flipkart: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS): Internal Hard Drive

You can ask for 5k incl shipping(only if remaining warranty is less than a year).

If warranty remaining is about 2yrs or more ask for 5.5k straight, its more than the warranty available with new drives.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
k thanks bro.will check it out.actually for my old drive which i gave for RMA had warranty till oct 2013,if that continues then i will have 1.5yrs of warranty and if i get 1 year warranty like the new ones then i am thinking of selling it for 5k.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even if its written as 1yr warranty (online check) you'll retain 1.5yr warranty as bill states warranty should be till 2013. if new item has less warranty then its upto Seagate to handle the hassle.

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys for what price can i sell my new seagate baracuda 500gb drive returned from RMA?
Barracuda® Desktop Hard Drive
(select 500GB and 16mb cache)
btw still can i sell the new baracuda 1TB HDD for 5K?
Barracuda® Desktop Hard Drive
(select 1TB and 64mb cache)

sukesh1090

Adam young
yes but minimum is 1 year on 1TB don't know the maximum as the samsung HDD(for which the Seagate is replacement) i had before was having warranty till sept 30th 2014.tomorrow will call the Seagate service center and will get it clarified .btw don't know about warranty for 500GB.it is also 1 year minimum(which is what a new 500gb will have i guess)maximum the one which i sent for RMA had warranty till nov 2013.thanks.

sorry the link for 1TB was wrong.here is the correct link,
ST31000524AS Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive | Seagate

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ if you have the original bill, raise this question when you call them asking if you'll get the remaining warranty or just 1yr warranty. BTW why have you received a Seagate for a Samsung? you claimed warranty through the shop?

if warranty is 1yr, you should get market price i.e. 3.8-4k maybe a few hundred bucks less. else add 0.5k per year for the extra warranty :grin:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Samsung's HDD business sold to Seagate. If EU clears the deck, WD will snap up Hitachi. Then you will get WD drives if you RMA your Hitachi drive. ;)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^ if you have the original bill, raise this question when you call them asking if you'll get the remaining warranty or just 1yr warranty. BTW why have you received a Seagate for a Samsung? you claimed warranty through the shop?

if warranty is 1yr, you should get market price i.e. 3.8-4k maybe a few hundred bucks less. else add 0.5k per year for the extra warranty :grin:
oops only 4k for a drive which is selling in flipkart for 5.4k for the same warranty period?it makes no sense whether flipkart sells it or me,any how the customer has to give it for warranty to seagate service center.isn't it?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
oops only 4k for a drive which is selling in flipkart for 5.4k for the same warranty period?it makes no sense whether flipkart sells it or me,any how the customer has to give it for warranty to seagate service center.isn't it?

sh*t. this is the second time i did a common error today. yours in a 1Tb. so you'll get price accordingly. sorry for confusion. so say 5.2-5.3k inc shipping.

Samsung's HDD business sold to Seagate. If EU clears the deck, WD will snap up Hitachi. Then you will get WD drives if you RMA your Hitachi drive. ;)

i am really going crazy today. error after error. totally forgotten the buyout part. thanks a lot for pointing that :oops:

sukesh1090

Adam young
its ok bro.it happens sometime.ache achonke sath hota hai.:wink:
k guys.i called Seagate service center,chennai today and asked them about the warranty and they told the warranty will be continued as before means i have warranty for 1TB till 30th September 2014 and for 500GB till august 2014.i have the bill for 500GB piece but not for 1TB so i asked him that can i get a letter from them mentioning the same but they told it won't create you any problem.i will be able to claim the warranty without any issues.even i have sent a mail to Seagate,lets see what reply i will get.
so now guys at what price can i sell my both the HDDs for?1Tb is selling in flipkart for 5350/- including 1year and mine is having 2year 7months for the same brand new model.

Last edited:

buddyram

New Voyage
is it worth buying a used Graphics Card priced @ 900/-
Specifications below:
GeForce FX 5500 SPECIFICATIONS

Graphics 256-bit
Core 128-bit
Memory 6.4 GB/sec
Interface 1.1 billion
Memory texels/sec
Bandwidth 68 million
Fill Rate 4
Vertices/sec 16
Pixels/Clock(peak) 350MHz
Textures/Pixel*: RAMDACs

Maximum in a single rendering pass with 8 textures applied per clock

Please excuse me if any discrepancy in the specs., i have posted it as i received it

Top Bottom