How much can I sell my old stuff for?

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
Hey guys,
can you please give me an estimate of this system's price? It's 3 years old but the graphics card and the SMPS are newer. I'm planning to sell it off. I've got a few interested people but I can't decide on its price. Here's the config:

Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13 GHz
ASUS P5GC-MX Motherboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA 8800GT 512 MB DDR3 Graphics Card
MRON 700W SMPS
19" Viewsonic VA1912w Monitor
250GB SATA HDD
VGA Webcam

It's no head turner but I'll make sure my next rig is! \m/

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Re: Price estimate for this config??

cpu 1.5-2k
mobo 1-1.5k
ram 0.5k
gpu 2-3k
psu abt 500 bucks if local
monitor 2.5-3k
hdd 1k
no idea about webcam

arnd 9-12k for everything together

and no extra charges for shippng after these prices

saz

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded my system after 4 yrs and want to sell off my old stuff. Please help me out in quoting the right price for the following system:

Processor: Dual Core E2140 1.6GHz
MotherBoard: Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2
RAM: 3GB DDR2 (1 GB 667 Mhz +2 GB 800 MHz )
Hard Disk: 80 GB Segate SATA
DVD Writer: Optric
Case: Generic
PSU: 450w Generic (Necola)
Discrete Graphics Card: XFX 8400 ~around 2 yrs old

All the above mentioned components are in perfectly working condition and they haven't given me any sort of trouble for the last 4 yrs.

I am located in Delhi and would be selling the above stuff in Delhi itself. But would like your opinion on the price to sell.

Thanks!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
5k max. i'll suggest sell the rig with 1Gb DDR2 ram & sell the remaining 2Gb somewhere else. you'll get 1k more for it (6k).

Krow

Crowman
This thread is now a sticky. Any members looking to sell old stuff may post their queries regarding the price they can expect here.

Piyush

Lanaya
@saz
go to nehru place
there are many shops where you can sell these items and pretty at good profit
if you are going to sell all the parts you mentioned above, then i think it will fetch you around 6k and above
and if you are a good bargainer, you can extract around 1-2k more
its just the art of bargaining.....pretend you are professional at it :D

saz

Journeyman
@piyush: I like your suggestion friend, but would it be better to sell off the entire system as a whole or I should sell off the components separately?

Piyush

Lanaya
just check 2-3 shops first
the one giving good value, sell to him
and regarding that question....it depends on you

tkin

Back to school!!
Any idea what an E8400+Asus P5Q+2x2GB Kingston DDR2 can get me?

I'm thinking 8k(3+2+3), all of them are 2.5 yrs old. Let me know your thoughts.

PS: Any shop in kolkata that will take these off me?

One more thing:
HP530 laptop, C2D T5200(1.6GHz), 1GB DDR2 RAM, no warranty would pay?

Piyush

Lanaya
that desktop would fetch you around -8k here, dont know about the trends in kolkata

and yes that laptop can be sold, i guess @12-13k

guru_urug

iGoogle
Wish to sell my old processor.
Its Pentium D 930 3.0GHz along with Cooler Master heatsink+fan. How much to expect?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
For the OP's rig, I would say around 4k+-. For a quick sale around 3kish or so.

For your Pentium D 930 without warranty I would say around 1000 bucks or so! tops! Though you might end up selling for around 500 or so if you don't find a good deal!

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
arnd 3-4k or so

A second hand E4xxx/E5xxx series CPU can be had for around 1500 or so and that is like 2-3 times as fast.

IMO 500-1000 is ideal for a Pentium D, that too if somebody wants to buy it. You might end up giving to the kabbadi wala or throwing it away as junk if you aren't as lucky :p

OR Just donate it away, better than selling for just 500-800 bucks!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys,

any idea how much I can sell this for:

AMD Athlon X2 7750+ Black Edition
2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz RAM
Gigabyte motherboard with onboard GPU
Sapphire HD2600XT GPU
Seagate 7200rpm 160GB and 250GB HDDs
Dell 198WFP 19” LCD
APC 500VA UPS
Sony DVD-RW
Corsair VX450W PSU (SMPS)

All the components (except DVD-RW and UPS) are under warranty.

abhidev

Human Spambot
arnd 3-4k or so

A second hand E4xxx/E5xxx series CPU can be had for around 1500 or so and that is like 2-3 times as fast.

IMO 500-1000 is ideal for a Pentium D, that too if somebody wants to buy it. You might end up giving to the kabbadi wala or throwing it away as junk if you aren't as lucky :p

OR Just donate it away, better than selling for just 500-800 bucks!

hmmmm.very funny...for your info...my processor can be over-clocked till 3.6ghz:cool:....but the mobo that i have is not letting me change the voltage values nor it is getting updated...

Also I had asked one of the vendors and he was ready to give 5k for it...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Even at the same clock rate, a C2D is like twice as fast as a Pentium D. And C2Ds can easily be clocked in the 3-3.5-4Ghz range. So they will still remain twice as fast :D

abhidev

Human Spambot
Even at the same clock rate, a C2D is like twice as fast as a Pentium D. And C2Ds can easily be clocked in the 3-3.5-4Ghz range. So they will still remain twice as fast :D

Can u pls tell me how can i overclock it...coz even my BIOS is not getting updated.

Top Bottom