How many girls are there in TDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Another one of those threads :rolleyes:

/me waits for bunch of despos and pretend females coming and the real females actually feeling irritated again. :|

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Okay before cyber or anyone else locks this one, let me state that the point of this thread was not just tp, but to have a measure of female existence in tech. I have seen female members in many foreign forums and also a few female overclockers. Bloggerbuster is run by a female! Why not female tech guru's then? The XFX person who featured in Digit was a female, HP's CEO in the US used to be a female.

So where are the Indian ladies? Why doesn't the average Indian female take an active interest in helping other techies out or if she does so, why not join an online forum and hlp out here? Vamsi's cousin got hooked to GTA SA I believe, so no stereotype that girls can't play GTA, etc? Why the male dominance?

Technocratamit

Broken In
Are you interested in technology,systems,games etc which digit is all about or you are interested in women psychology and their affinity towards geeky stuff ?
If you are interested in female psychlogy then look where there are females.

we are already seeing pink laptops,desktops,beautification of tech stuff.. which doesnt taste good
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Are you interested in technology,systems,games etc which digit is all about or you are interested in women psychology and their affinity towards geeky stuff ?
If you are interested in female psychlogy then look where there are females.

we are already seeing pink laptops,desktops,beautification of tech stuff.. which doesnt taste good

Last edited:
OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Beautification of tech stuff is fine as far as i am concerned. If I like all my tech stuff to be in white ot silver or red or black colour, I will have them that way, but many may not like that so why should i care? What I like is what i will buy. Hence, if i dont like Pink laptops, but if a girl does, I don't see why that should "taste bad". Its their choice, just like a half-life fan will have a half-life mod for his/her cabinet.

My point is that women are there almost everywhere males are these days and vice-versa! That's why I'm looking to see if they are here too!

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
So far, it doesn't look like its going too well. I'm going to wait for a few more posts. If there are any more silly posts, the thread will be closed.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
@ cyberjunkie Thanks for the patience. Why don't you share some of your experience and help make this thread more meaningful.

@ NucleusKore I wouldn't want to comment on that would I?

Okay, so getting back to the point. Have any of you people known females who are neck deep into tech? I used to know a girl who used to play CS on LAN at a gaming cafe. She was pretty good at CS. Otherwise, Ive seen women with iPods and mobiles(N-series fans :) ). Also, very hearteningly, i know one who goes ga-ga over cars! She is a hardcore Maserati fan. :D

A request to all viewers :
I started this thread for some insightful thoughts or at least some inspiring stories or an intellectual debate. Please refrain from posting if you don't have anything sensible to say.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
This thread sucks!!!

If its let continued, I demand (or request) to open "My Lovestory" thread (for at least one day) :grin:

adi007

Youngling
*yawn* not again .. *yawn* gender has nothing to do with being geek or techy or whatever .. this is another pointless thread and i think if one close "My Lovestory" thread then this need to be closed or better deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom