Not open for further replies.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Thats what .. i'm not aware of the prices correctly but i can suggest this :

AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+
Asus M2N-E
2*512 MB DDR533
XFX 7300GT 256 MB

It should roughly fall just under 18k's ... possible runtime without upgrade ... hmmm .. that depends on what u do ..

The CPU should run till the end of 2008 .. RAM need to increased to 2 GB atleast .. mobo will be fine unless ofcourse u wanna go SLi .. and the card will do fine just for a MCP .. if ur a bit into gaming then u need to get a midrange dx10 GPU when they are launched ..

OP
subratabera

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
I don't think that games will get enough focus on PC. Gaming consoles will take place of PC games in near future and I think we only need those powerful CPUs and GPUs only for the OS itself which are becoming more & more resource hungry. Well the concept of cool new interfaces of future OSs are really good. That kind of interface really can make the difference. In future High Definition contents need more CPU power than today I think. If prices of consoles fall to affordable level (which i think will surely happen), then everyone here, I think, buy a console instead of upgrading their PC. What do u think guys...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
if its new pc then - core 2 duo ...

if u already have single core proci like p 4 or athlon 64 then wait .. till dual core becomes very cheap and quad core becomes available by plenty .. maybe in next year same time ..

also ..it all depends on u .. if ur satisfied with ur setup then no need to upgrade regularly ..

i am happy with my p4 3.2 ghz ..

also if ur buying set up with planning to upgrade then go for a very good mobo ..with quad core support .. like intel 965p or 975x or nvidia 680i chipset mobos ..

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
yogi7272 said:
if its new pc then - core 2 duo .....

Everybody suggests that buy a cor2duo. But atleast read how much budget a person is having. In this case a person is having 18 k budget max.... so try fitting a core2duo, a descent mobo , 1 gb of ddr2 ram in it...............

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43152

Last edited:

Iced

Right off the assembly line
U better off with e 6300 or 6400. which is know this chip and easily be oced to 3 to 3.2 paired with pc2 6400 ram in in dual channel.

--->How long P4 with HT live
not for long enough.

rig for 18k
e63= 9k
msi p965 neo= 6k
well u cant buy 1 gb ram cos its 6k

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
I think it all boils down to the fact "Buy for your NEED... not for the GREED" :D
If your need is satisfied by P4 HT, then hail to that very CPU.

It's always funny to leaf thru the pages of old "Archive" magazine like "DIGIT" for instance :D

You'll see that the Proccy you have now (and think is an old hag) was a STUD just a few months ago... he he he

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Thats true with these new technos evolving so fast. U can never have a completely updated PC w/o throwing off loads n loads of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom