How is 17" Samsung 793MB Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkAI

Broken In
Help me Guys... Which 17" CRT Monitor will be the best for Animation and Multimedia use...should i go for Samsung 793MB :lol:

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
yaa samsung 17'' magic brite 2 is really gud if u ask me its the best 17'' monitor in the market today.

aadipa

Padawan
I have it on my 2nd PC and i must say very good monitor........ even gr8 in games and movies.....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Is it bad for a monitor to turn it on for hours?
My monitor get really hot when I play games for more than 3 to 4 hrs. Is it normal?
Is there any other cool monitor(only CRT) which wont heat up quickly?
Also which is the best 17"monitor for gaming?
I heard ACER 17 flat is outrageous?PLZ help!

wise

Broken In
One of my friends is selling his very good rig about four months old, as he is getting a laptop. The config is
Athlon 64 (754) 3000+
K8Ne-Deluxe
200 GB Seagate SATA drive
512*1 MB, Corsair DDRRAM
Samsung 17" MB monitor.
Sony dual layer write capability, DVD writer
Liteon Combo drive.
Antec SONATA cabinet.

He is willing to sell as whole or in parts. You may want to buy your MB from him.

AlienTech

In the zone
You can buy the BF which don thave the magic brite a little cheaper.. Same monitor and functions. I have neve rused the magic brite functions. All it does is adjust the brightness/contrast via software as 4 seperate buttons for text/movie etc. You can just move the slider for the brighness etc and get same thing. Or the buttons..... The buttons on the new ones are harder to use since it is on the side and you dont see it compared to the older models which are in front blocked by your keyboard :) I wont say I am extremely happy... But its an okay monitor.. and comes in black...

aadipa

Padawan
AlienTech said:
You can buy the BF which don thave the magic brite a little cheaper.. Same monitor and functions. I have neve rused the magic brite functions. All it does is adjust the brightness/contrast via software as 4 seperate buttons for text/movie etc. You can just move the slider for the brighness etc and get same thing. Or the buttons..... The buttons on the new ones are harder to use since it is on the side and you dont see it compared to the older models which are in front blocked by your keyboard :) I wont say I am extremely happy... But its an okay monitor.. and comes in black...

That is actually DF (DynaFlat) The cost diff between DF and MB is around Rs 400, but the brightness on MB is more than that on DF.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm using a 793MB myself and have also installed dozens of them for clients. I can't say it's the best in the market but It's very good. Sharpness, geometry and convergence are very good.

Whether the Magic Bright function is useful or not depends on the user. It may be no more than a marketing gimmick to some, but to others it's very useful, especially for those who frequently switch between different types of tasks such as word processing, games, internet, movies, etc that require different levels of brightness and contrast.

Switching between preset levels with a single button is much more convenient than fiddling with 2 or 3 levels of menu selection and the up and down buttons.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
go for Magic Bright 2 and not Magic Bright. MB2 is the latest and the best in looks as well as perfomance. shud cost around 8500/-

AlienTech

In the zone
"You can buy the BF" os I ment the DF, sometimes the speul check changes words. Makes me wonder if it is worht spell checking :D

The max res of all these are 1280x1024 @ 60hz.. You need to go down to 1024x768 for 80hz. Some others give you 1280x1024 @ 70-75hz. Although this is flat screen, I noticed that the TV is not really square, the lines are not really flat. Its sort of bend and hard to adjust to make it really straight. My old one was much easier to adjust but it was just a 691 regular not flat. The flat screen also means my wife can now see what I am doing from the side which was not possible with the regular one.

So over all I lived the old one better although I paid like rs 13500 for it but the MB was like 8200. The regular one was like 5200.

i have the same monitor .but its great .i have a computer configuration as follows
1. 512 mb ram
2. 80 gb hdd (seagette)
3.amd 64 bit processor
4.geforce sfx
and for playing games and doing somethinf related to multimedia the 17 inch crt monitor i prefer is the best

OP
T

thinkAI

Broken In
Thank u Guys for ur valuable suggestions thanks specially Mohit for that MB2 one as i had no info abt it.

G

gxsaurav

better go for LCD if U plan for Multimedia, stay away from samsung & go for LG for LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom