How do you actually use Revo Uninstaller?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I was wanting to uninstall a previous version of IDM (Internet Download Manager) via Revo (Pro), and I wanted to remove all traces of it, including registry files and all that, but I don't really understand this software, upon uninstall it asks whether I want to remove some possible registry files, now possible means the software isn't sure that those files are consisting any IDM stuffs or not, or am I getting it wrong? When I look at the path of the files, they are all (or most of them) under Windows folder, folder like HKEY LOCAL USER etc. are listed there, and I am actually scared to delete those files as they are related to Windows' registry, unless they are IDM only file.

So my question is, when I uninstall something via Revo, how do I exactly proceed and make sure that none of my Windows file are getting removed?

Thanks in advance.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How to Uninstall and remove programs with Revo Uninstaller Pro?

How to force uninstall a program with Revo Uninstaller Pro?

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] don't use revo uninstaller use normal windows uninstaller.revo messed up my laptop recently.

A

amit.tiger12

^ use it properly then everything will be okay. :)
it's best uninstaller...
uninstaller removes installed app completely, remove every traces found..

(Everyone knows this..)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amit.tiger12

^ I was talking about that "bold","italics" letter...

A

amit.tiger12

^ you are again misunderstanding... corrected post check..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How to Uninstall and remove programs with Revo Uninstaller Pro?

How to force uninstall a program with Revo Uninstaller Pro?

Thanks, watched the first video, she did what I did, deleted all the registry items, so I guess I am safe.

Will watch the second video later, when the net becomes okay.

PS: Watched it. Had no idea about Hunter mode, LOL. That might be useful.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, I use the built in uninstaller too, but this was an exception, cause I had to remove every possible trace of the software I was uninstalling.

Top Bottom