how do i stay online 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey i have dataone broadband with lovely speeds...
now what i wan to do is stay 24/7 online... but the problem is that i want to restrict internet acces to some 2 or 3 light transfer appz and restrict access by ALL other appz!
how do i achieve this...
well. the appz i want are mainly skype, MSNM, Y!M, Y! widget engine and azureus!
and another thing is that i want this restriction to be very flexible... i mean i will have to remove this restriction sometimes.....
and another requirement is the restriction to be timed.... i mean i want to remove it on 2:00 to 8:00.... well this time thing is a thing that i can do without though......
so do the DuDz at DiGiT/FoRuM have any solution?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
What firewall do you have? With windows default sp2 firewall, you can go to control panel->Windows firewall-->Exceptions tab and add/check progs that you want to give access to. But it can't help with the timed restriction.

shoegoe

Broken In

Hi!..amm.... i think u can try out zone alarm/ similar firewalls. Zone alarm will do good as its interface allows u to have more control over the files that access the net,.

And about limiting....maybe there are some banwitdth limiting options in your applications...azureus has such options... Try it out..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try macros too :) Sometimes it works where no s/w is available :) Record a macro of givin rights and schedule it at 2:00 am and so on... agreed its not the best way out, but then too :(

godsownman

Padawan
I have never used this software just heard and read about it .

Netlimiter is the name .

Try Google for more details.

Regards

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Use firewall called ZoneAlarm. It can allow or block
programs that connect to the Net.
It's the best firewall out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom