how do i merge partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
hey all,
my computers hardrive had been divided into two partitions since the day i assembled it,when i asked my dealer why,he said that it was easier to reinstall windows or something like that,but now i can't even find enough space to install F.E.A.R in my master partition,so how can i merge the two of them(there is one drive but two partitions)

OP
jz2linkinpark

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
the hard disk is a samsung 40gb harddrive,the primary partition is a FAT32 9.75gb partition,and the secondary is a 27.50 gb ntfs

Alfansey06

Broken In
cant you install F.E.A.R. in D: drive?
i know one way to merge both partitions but data will be lost. boot your pc from a win98 bootable cd and run fdisk. now you can delete both partiotions and make only one partition or change partiotion size. then format drives. install os again.

Techinator

Broken In
u can use partition magic. it has an option of merging partitions without loss of data. the process may take a few hours but its worth saving ur data.

slagad

Broken In
You cannot mearge a FAT32 and NTFS partitions. Back up all data from the NTFS partition, re-format it to FAT32 and then use partition magic.

Otherwise convert the FAT 32 to NTFS and then merge using partition magic.
Command to convert: convert C: /fs:ntfs .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom