How can I reset the BIOS Power On password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
klinux said:
*www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html
cool link there klinux
dat was to bypass da bios password. To reset the BIOS password you can remove da cmos battery from da mother board and put it back after 10 mins that will reset your password. :D

------------------------------
cmos battery
:arrow: *pcu.co.nz/store/product_images/thumb/1045.jpg

------------------------------

cmos battery on da mobo

:arrow: *www.devhardware.com/rhinoCms/__9VocJGsBCK/img/cmos%20location.jpg

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Removing the battery

If you can't find the jumper to flash the BIOS or if such jumper doesn't exist, you can remove the battery that keeps the BIOS memory alive. It's a button-size battery somewhere on the motherboard (on elder computers the battery could be a small, typically blue, cylinder soldered to the motherboard, but usually has a jumper on its side to disconnect it, otherwise you'll have to unsolder it and then solder it back). Take it away for 15-30 minutes or more, then put it back and the data contained into the BIOS memory should be volatilized

Source : As given Above :)

zuhaib

Broken In
re cmos

there is small code which we have to write in our normal TC or command prompt ,its a code that resets all h\w ports.on running this code when we restart the cmos gets refreshed.this is a better option if u r in a school or college and u wont b able to open the cpu cabinet.that will do.rt now i dont have the code but u try to search on google or codeguru.com

Slam Team

Journeyman
The easiest is to replace battery.. but a better one is that... :-

Open the cpu case.. near the battery u will find a jumper a small connector connecting 3 pins.. the jumper will be fixed to 2 pins. put that to the other 2 pins...and revert it back to the original place.. DONE

indrajit

Journeyman
If I remember correctly, this one works too! Here it goes- get into the BIOS and go to the Password tab. Opt for the change password tab, there you need to enter the exixting password once and the new password twice. In place of the new passwords, just leave blanks and press enter, then save and exit from BIOS.

sulognon

Right off the assembly line
indrajit said:
If I remember correctly, this one works too! Here it goes- get into the BIOS and go to the Password tab. Opt for the change password tab, there you need to enter the exixting password once and the new password twice. In place of the new passwords, just leave blanks and press enter, then save and exit from BIOS.
yeah, but u have to enter the existing password. what if u forgot ur password? then taking out the battery from the mb is the best way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom