Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by nipun_the_gr8, Dec 1, 2004.
How can i remove items from this list:
Thankx in advance !!
You can remove items from Customze Notifications area by editing the following registry key:-
But How exactly to do it,.... I don't Know!!!
Editing Registry is Dangerous, BackUp Registry before attempting to edit.
Erasing All Past Customized Notifications
Please Note: The following procedure will Permanently Erase All Past Customized Notifications.
Take the following steps:
1. Run "regedit"
2. Go to the following registry key:
3. Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values.
4. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open "Task Manager"
5. Under the Processes tab, select "Explorer.exe" and click "End Process."
6. Now, click File > New Task and run "Explorer.exe"
All the icons present in the Notification Area (formerly known as the System Tray) at the end of the above procedure would be added to the Customized Notification List. So, in case you want a blank list first make sure that the Notification Area is empty before you begin.
Separate names with a comma.