HOW CAN I MAKE A BACKUP DISC of my WIN VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
hey guys....

i have a ques. i actually hav decided to get myself a laptop with win vista preloaded. but i was told that the installation disc of win vista wont accompany the laptop*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/20.gif.

since i want to partition my laptop as soon as i receive it according to my convenience, so i wanted to know HOW CAN I MAKE A BACKUP DISC of my os so that i can install i after repartitioning my hdd*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/52.gif.

Is there any other way... like if i note down the product id of my copy of win vista, can i install it with any other disc of vista?? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/102.gif

Awaiting replies! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/110.gif

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
u hv a feature of creating recovery discs in vista....twill pre-load all system drivers n applications including the swsetup folder in ur main drive wit windows setup....

2ndly...u cannot use 3rd party apps lyk partition magic on vista....so no point partitioning n again reinstalling vista n all mess....try foll

*www.alohatechsupport.net/webdesign...imization/create_a_partition_with_window.html

good luk...

Enjoy~!

juggler

In the zone
u hv a feature of creating recovery discs in vista....twill pre-load all system drivers n applications including the swsetup folder in ur main drive wit windows setup....

2ndly...u cannot use 3rd party apps lyk partition magic on vista....so no point partitioning n again reinstalling vista n all mess....try foll

*www.alohatechsupport.net/webdesign...imization/create_a_partition_with_window.html

good luk...

Enjoy~!

your second point is not entirely correct
you can use third party apps like Acronis Disc Director 10 to resize your partition.

OP
Arun the Gr8

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
which company laptop??

dell... inspiron 1525...

have not yet bought. still planning.

instead of repartioning you can reize ur partitions

good luk...

Enjoy~!

actually my prob doesnt end here....

i try a lot of new stuff like linux n all... n hence need to format my pc. the same will be applicable for my new laptop. so i need a solid solution *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/106.gif

instead of repartioning you can reize ur partitions

good luk...

Enjoy~!

actually my prob doesnt end here....

i try a lot of new stuff like linux n all... n hence need to format my pc. the same will be applicable for my new laptop. so i need a solid solution *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/106.gif

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
so i need a solid solution *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/106.gif

These laptops come with an EISA partition which contains the backup, and a backup utility in windows make recovery DVDs (just check with them before buying). So you can back up an image of the EISA partition, remove all the bloatware, and make another backup of the system partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom