how can i know the video ram of my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
in dxdiag, display memory is 64 mb
while playing pandora tomorrow, vram is 8mb.
in mafia, it is 4 mb

:idea: :shock: :cry:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Go to Start> Programs> Accesories> System Tools> System Information.
Click on the + next to Components.
Choose Display.
Check the value ofthe fifth item 'Adapter RAM'.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well you can try this Software for a full detailed information of ur hardware components you want *www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
andy,
i have "everest".
i need sisandra soft.
if digit gives it, contact me

thankssssssss

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
dear drvarunmehta,
i clicked on display and i saw "adapter ram" as 64 mb.

should i cheer

cg84

Broken In
kunwar said:
dear drvarunmehta,

should i cheer

sorry kunwar, but as far as onboard VGAs go, there is not much reason to cheer. it doesn't make much difference wether it is 64mb, 32mb or 8mb. the fact is, no matter how much VRAM it shows, it is actually just borrowed from ur main RAM. i.e. say, if u hv 256mb RAM, and u dedicate 64mb to ur onboard card, this means that u r actually just left with 192 mb for everything else. if u would really want some decent graphics performance, and dedicated VRAM, buy a dirt cheap 64mb AGP(geforce 4??) card.

of course, i m assuming u only hv onboard vga...cause if u did hv an external one, u wudnt have asked this in the first place...??

anubhav_har

In the zone
do you have a graphics card??? if not then the memory shown is the ram which is shared as video ram also. So check it out.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. You can use CPU Z for that .. Small download .. Good detailed report .. Everest is also good software ..

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
what is ur yahoo e mail id i emailed at "timpu84@yahoo.com"

cg84 said:
kunwar said:
dear drvarunmehta,

should i cheer

is it right e mail address
sorry kunwar, but as far as onboard VGAs go, there is not much reason to cheer. it doesn't make much difference wether it is 64mb, 32mb or 8mb. the fact is, no matter how much VRAM it shows, it is actually just borrowed from ur main RAM. i.e. say, if u hv 256mb RAM, and u dedicate 64mb to ur onboard card, this means that u r actually just left with 192 mb for everything else. if u would really want some decent graphics performance, and dedicated VRAM, buy a dirt cheap 64mb AGP(geforce 4??) card.

of course, i m assuming u only hv onboard vga...cause if u did hv an external one, u wudnt have asked this in the first place...??

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
ANOTHER development GUYS,
when i saw the "properties" of my onboard 82845 graphics controller,
"vram:64 mb
vram in use: 5mb"

this was a "hidden" secret that ONLY 5 mb of 64 mb is in USE.
Guys,
tell any way 2 increase it.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
achacko@dataone.in said:
Use this software EVEREST to get details on the ram

Cheers

Wow that's really gud like some 1 tells u get a certain medicine but don't tell where 2 go or how 2 search. means don't u have any link for EVEREST download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom