how abt a 4tb hdd in my current rig...

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi friends,i am planning to add a 4 tb hdd on my current rig...is it will affect the performance...as it is a gaming rig and most of the games i play is high graphics and huge space required....

my rig specs r in my signature...i already hav 5 tb in my current rig.....wd or seagate only as i prefer only these two....

thanks in advance.....:cool:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
my god thats an insane amount of storage :shock:
if you are worried about performance , what about adding an ssd too to your rig and use it as your boot drive so youll have no loss in performance

ankitj1611

Journeyman
hi friends,i am planning to add a 4 tb hdd on my current rig...is it will affect the performance...as it is a gaming rig and most of the games i play is high graphics and huge space required....

my rig specs r in my signature...i already hav 5 tb in my current rig.....wd or seagate only as i prefer only these two....

thanks in advance.....:cool:

9TB :shock:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Make it an even 10TB

Amazon.com: Toshiba 5TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive (PH3500U-1I72): Computers & Accessories

7200RPM+128MB cache

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=69808]Arnab boss[/MENTION],

For your information, if you are looking for a high performance gaming rig; you really need to add a good GPU for graphics and RAM 16GB (8x2) for speed. If you run 2 RAM sticks, you will be running memory in dual channel which will be a greater increase in performance than running a single stick in single channel.

According to my opinion, no need to go for 9TB storage. The SSD and HDD will improve loading times but not much else. It is flash memory and access information much faster as there are no moving parts such as the drive head that reads a disk. As for other performance, you should not see a significant impact in using SSD except for boot-ups.

For more information regarding the WD drives, please refer the link below:

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...e-designing-below-50-000-inr.html#post2252007

After you add the new component in the system then you really need a higher wattage PSU. The minimum requirement for gaming rig PSU is 600 or 650W.

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom