How 2 Install Fedora With Windows Xp(Dual Boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hi all I want to install Linux Fedora Core on a previously installed XP SP3 System

Reason:-I am willing to have in my pc because i want install Shake 4.

1>Please help me with step by step instruction as i have never installed linux system other than Ubuntu.Help me with graphics dirvers and other.

2>If you know any other linux distribution that is compatible with Shake 4 and other Animation Softwares like Maya2009,Adobe Cs4 Bundle???

3>Help me with partition i have 4 NTFS sata partitions with 20gb,20gb,130,130 for C,D,E,F respectively(C being the primary disk with Xp installed.

**Please name the softwares that will b used in the entire process. I dont want to craash the system as i have to install everthing again so please i request those people to come forward who have already tried in their systems personally.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
First of all this thread should be in Open Source Section.

1) Google for "Fedora Installation Guide" you will get many. And as you have experience of installing ubuntu, fedora won't be a daunting task. It has an great installer.

2) I did not get the question. Do you want to say how to run those apps in linux or are you searching for linux alternatives of those apps? You can run windows apps in linux via Wine or Crossover. Google to get these softwares.

3) Empty any of the partition & assign it as root when you install fedora. You can have a seperate partition for /home & also one for swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom