how 2 copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well i rem once i had a zip file of 6mb.. and i used 5 floppy's to copy it.. so when i had to extract i had to insert the first floppy and click on extract.. and it finishes a certain amt n then asks for the second floppy.. n like that. but i forgot how i copired it 2 floppy.. (was bout 5 yrs back) now am tryin 2 copy a zip file of 4.2 mb into 3 floppys but am not able to.. does any1 here know how 2 do it? plz help me.. its a important s/w.. the respected person to recieve the floppy doesn have net so cant send in mail.. so plz help

Sourabh

Laptoping
Use WinRAR and split it into required number of parts of specified size using it

in ur case abt 1024 Kb in 3-4 parts as ur case is

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
Insert the empty floppy intothe drive and rt click on the file u want to zip. Choose "Add to Zip" and Destination name text box enter "A:\Nameofthezipfile.zip" and automatic disk spanning will be enabled.....

Regards,
Ramprasad

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have a small software called InfoSplit 2. That splits any file of any size into as many parts as you want. Tried it successfully some time back and copied 4 full marriage VCDs from one machine to another using a memory card :)

Tell me if you want it.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@sourabh i dint know how 2 split it as u said..

@ram thnx.. worked out.. :D

[edited]

@ram it copied.. but when i tried to open it its not openin..
says

error [A:\spybot13.zip]: unrecoverable zip file read error

swatkat

Technomancer
there's a software called Dariolius, which is a very good file splitter. it has a lot of options, like "fit to floppy", "split into equal parts" etc. It makes a small EXE file, when u run it, it will automatically join the split files.
*www.kanastacorp.com/dariolius.html

hack expert

In the zone
file splittin utilities are the best info split is one of the best well also the other user does not require the software if u use info split he has to recombine usint a .bat file

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Just google it.
There are loads of applications for file splitting.
Also some shell extentions are available for doing it.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I used to do the way I said very often.... And why dont u try this file splitter. It is a freeware.... *www.dekabyte.com

Regards
Ramprasad

vysakh

Padawan
there is a tool split it
it came once with digit.
or you can google it. It is very simple, easy to use and has some good features too

tuxfan

Technomancer
bharathbala2003 said:
thnx for the info guys.. already done it with the tool inder gave :D

:oops: I didn't see this post and have sent you the file splitter InfoSplit 2 by email. :)

blacklight

Journeyman
bharathbala2003 said:
error [A:\spybot13.zip]: unrecoverable zip file read error

@bharathbala2003
what u did @ram's method was correct,but before using this method ,check if all the floppies being used dont have bad sectors (use scandisk) This was what happened in ur case.this is a very unsafe method since ,even if a single floppy went bad after u zipped ur files, the whole data becomes unrecoverable.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@tux no probs... thnx for the file :D

@blacklight i did a scandisk.. no errors m8.. anyways as i said above it already worked out using the splitter.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom