Hostel Networking: Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya_v

Broken In
Hi guys, I have a interesting networking problem.

We hav been given 10 MTNL 512Kbps connections ( each a seperate line ), 10 ADSL routers. We have been given the task of implementing Hostel LAN to everyone (200-300 people ) and internet services to those who would suscribed to it ( 100 people)

The problem comes in implementing it. :p We have been putting our heads together, and with whatever little knowledge of networking, we came up with this plan-
1) Wireless 'N' router + Access points for end user connectivity
2) A PC which would act as a server with lots of network cards installed.

We came with this kind of implementation :
Wireless 'N' Routers and all the 10 lines would be connected to the server. The PC will hav to do load balancing ( divide incomming connections to one of the 10 lines depending on usage ) , only providing internet facilities to those who hav suscribed ( login accounts maybe) and lan for everyone.
Some kind of logging facilities would be bonus.

The problem being we can't really do experimenting with peoples money ( max budget of Rs20,000 ) and desperately need something valid to come up.

Any other alternatives would be welcome too.
Would really appriciate your help.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Talk to some cable operator who also have cable internet services. They can help you I think because they also implement a similar network.

I don't know how u r going to do it with those 10 MTNL lines though!

Instead of MTNL, you should have bought dedicated lines from VSNL(through the cable operator in vicinity). That would have been cheaper and easier to setup I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom