Host .asp website ?

bongourav

Broken In
Hii friends,

I have developed a web based application on Visual Studio 2008 using C# and .NET. The database used is MS Access.

I wish to run the website on an Intranet based system with a Windows Server 2008 host.

Earlier, I had planned to host it on XAMPP server but only later I came to know that xampp does not support .asp pages.

With a little bit of googling, I found out that IIS can be used for the same purpose but when I tried to do so it was all in vain.

I am new to this so please let me know if there are any alternatives that I could use to host the website.

Thanks in advance.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes, XAMPP is for PHP, you need IIS for ASP or ASP.NET.

I think you did something wrong, read this : How to Host ASP | eHow.com

mrintech

Technomancer
I have never used this before. Can it be used to host a website on an intranet based lan ?

Hi

I haven't tried Webmatrix on Intranet, I work on XAMPP, though I think following pages can be useful for you:

* Joining the Web Hosting Gallery (with WebMatrix Support) : Hosting Guidance : The Official Microsoft IIS Site
* Again: Running WebMatrix Applications on an intranet IIS Server : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Forums
* Use website in Intranet : The Official Microsoft IIS Site
* webmatrix intranet - Google Search

Hope this helps :)

HostASP

Right off the assembly line
ASP / ASP.NET Web hosting with WebMatrix support

You check here for ASP Web hosting service providers.

Windows Web Hosting Gallery

Find the Spotlight verified by Microsoft

manaskumar

Have fun till death!!
Hii friends,

I have developed a web based application on Visual Studio 2008 using C# and .NET. The database used is MS Access.

I wish to run the website on an Intranet based system with a Windows Server 2008 host.

Earlier, .........

Thanks in advance.

If you are planning just to test it in your intranet then install ISS within your Windows Os, its bundled with Professional/Corporate/Ultimate editions.

If you plan to deploy on internet then use hosting providers like godaddy.com:lol:

Top Bottom