Horror Movies Discussion

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi,

I am starting this thread for all lovers of all types of horror movies out there.

Suggest, rate and critic horror movies here.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My favourite horror movies are Japanese horror flicks or those based on japanese movies, such as the Grudge series. There are no scarier movies IMHO.

R2K

In the Zone
Almost all horror movies other than from bollywood.
Every *horror* movie made in bollywood are more like comedy movies. They make you laugh at one point or the other.:D

I would suggest
SAW 1 - Nice gripping screenplay. Interesting thing is almost 80% of movie is completed in just one room.
Wrong turn 1 - Not so terrifying but I liked it.
Final destination Series - You won't have the courage to able look at the screen during some scenes.

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Almost all horror movies other than from bollywood.
Every *horror* movie made in bollywood are more like comedy movies. They make you laugh at one point or the other.:D

Amen to that. I've stopped watching all Bollywood horror movies (or Bollywood movies for that matter), so I don't know what's new in the movies this way. That's why I think Japs do a better job at scaring the **** out of you and making you go WTF at the same time, followed closely by American/other horror movies.

The reason Bollywood movies suck so much, I think, is because they rely too much on scarier entities and not on the story (ex. The four eyed girl from Bhoot 2 got me cracking :lol: ).

I would suggest
SAW 1 - Nice gripping screenplay. Interesting thing is almost 80% of movie is completed in just one room.
Wrong turn 1 - Not so terrifying but I liked it.
Final destination Series - You won't have the courage to able look at the screen during some scenes.

These are more like gore flicks IMHO, but I do accept Gore-flicks are a perfectly valid form of horror :D. Newer Saw series suck IMHO, but 1-5 are great, same for Final Destination. Seen Wrong Turn 2, story is a bit cheesy, but since it has a B-grade feel to it, I do not complain.

If you like Paranormal Activity series, check out Noroi: The Curse (2005) - IMDb. This is much MUCH better than Paranormal Activity, has a constant eerie feel to it and story is much better. Language : Japanese with English subs.

Piyush

Lanaya
these ones are my favs

Nosferatu (1922) - IMDb

The Cabin in the Woods (2011) - IMDb

The Call of Cthulhu (2005) - IMDb

Hrishi

Ah Well , I do agree that Bollywood horror movies are wastage of Time. However "1920 The Horror Movie" did seemed scary to me upto a great extent.
My list will include :

1.1920(Bollywood)
3.The Shining(1980)
4.Silent Hill: Revelation
5.1920 Evil returns " Will be released on 2nd Nov. , expecting it to be even better than part 1 as per the trailer."

Haven't come across any other movie that seems terrifying enough , so as not to watch alone in night.

Btw , I didn't find Saw or Cannibal holocaust or any similiar movie scary , since they don't have anything supernatural.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have not even seen PA2.

But from what I hear from friends who have seen it, it 5ucks. But I cannot judge until I've seen it myself.

Flash

Lost in speed
Saw PA3 last week. It lacks the grip of its predecessors.
Thinking of watching "Grave Encounter" this weekend.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
these are the horror movies i liked :

the ring series
the grudge series
final destination series
1920 was good enough (bollywood)
exorcism was good too
paranormal activity series i didnt like at all
actually i hate horror movies it scares the hell out of me but i still saw them :D LOL

Hrishi

1920 Evil returns is going to be released this Week. ANyone going for it ???? I saw the Trailer , pretty sure it will be scary enough.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Exorcism of Emily Rose is quite scary for me. Sinister from the same director is released this week and is getting quite good reviews. The Rite was disliked by many but I found it quite similar to Emily Rose.

By the way, why a different thread. One movie thread is already there and all the horror movies are already recommended there.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am trying to make this a one stop thread for horror movies. Instead of a supermarket full of flicks.

Top Bottom