Hope for HTC Smart/Brew?

nsagark

Right off the assembly line
Friend of mine bought HTC Smart thinking its a windows mobile, but found some thing called Brew OS in it. We are greatly disappointed to see no software support, no forums nothing at all for this phone. The greatest disappointment is it doesn't have modem in it to connect net with pc.

I want to know if is there any hope for Brew? Are there any application available? (Not Java)

I would also like to know if I can flash with any other OS like windows of android in this phone. It has 300 Mhz processor, 256 ROM, 256 RAM.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Friend of mine bought HTC Smart thinking its a windows mobile, but found some thing called Brew OS in it. We are greatly disappointed to see no software support, no forums nothing at all for this phone. The greatest disappointment is it doesn't have modem in it to connect net with pc.

I want to know if is there any hope for Brew? Are there any application available? (Not Java)

I would also like to know if I can flash with any other OS like windows of android in this phone. It has 300 Mhz processor, 256 ROM, 256 RAM.

That HTC Smart with Brew OS is a piece of ****. Underpowered, bad OS, no developement, no apps. get rid of that phone and get something like Nokia 5235

sujoyp

Grand Master
U can run Java applications on HTC Smart

Just could not find a single application made on BREW platform:cry:

OP
N

nsagark

Thanx, I know Java runs but not with full support. Ucweb dont recognize my memory and lots of other application deny to load.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

Ha...ha...:mrgreen: Didn't you guys test the device at dealer's place?

OP
N

nsagark

Actually it wasn't available in market, my friend ordered it (for HTC's reputation, earlier he was using HTC Elf).

Here in Goa every one is using touch screen so no hope to cell it above 3-4k. I was wondering if I could port in it something better.

Top Bottom