Hookah as bad as cigarettes: WHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one thing I hate about cigarettes, beedies, cigars, pipes and hookah is that they not only destroy lives of addicts, but also of those close by.

I don't mind alcohol and drugs. infact i encourage them since they are an excellent way of reducing this overpopulated population of india. only weaker ppl gethoocked on to such habbits. something like darwin's natural selection. only the fittest abstain from ****.

dr_jimit

Journeyman
.............. they are an excellent way of reducing this overpopulated population of india. only weaker ppl gethoocked on to such habbits. something like darwin's natural selection. only the fittest abstain from ****.

I dont agree to it,
the most healthy and Valuable population = YOUTH , is going in wrong track.
Its the youth thats going to decide the path of our nation.

I dont agree to it,
the most healthy and Valuable population = YOUTH , is going in wrong track.
Its the youth thats going to decide the path of our nation.
I am a part of the YOUTH and as far as my experience is concerned, I can assure you that the only youth who take up to drugs, alcohol and smoking are idiots who have exessive self pride, no respect for other people, fail miserably in studies, and try to act cool by dope, drinks and fags, and later end up wasted.

If someone wants to quit, they can know help is always there. Infact, its a proved fact that once you somehow manage to quit, you end up a wiser man and start putting your life to some good use.

Our population is high as it is. By eliminating such useless lives who still beleive drugs, cigars and drinks are the only way to go, our country would be a much better place. Besides, these people started drinking and doping out of their own free will. They had as much chance as anyone else to save their own lives. But they didn't. So now they suffer and will soon rot in hell.

As for the original statement of yours, that YOUTH are going in the wrong track, let me assure you that youth have BRAINS. Youngsters know how to think and they know how to analyse every situation. At the same time, those who fall prey to such vices are FOOLS.

hookahkings49

Right off the assembly line
Nice,
I am also aware of this information. In my knowledge hookah doesn't providing any harm ness compare to other products. Hookah give good taste compare to cigarette smoking.

Goten

Banned
Ban everything injurious to health.
Including fatty foodstuff.
Why is alcohol not banned.
Why allow Bhaang on HOLI.
Society will b hell or heaven if we ban everything thats injurious to us.
Think about that.

Rahim

Married!
^Bcoz we are hypocrites!!!

Govt gets a lot of revenue from alcohol and tobacco industry. WHO is pushing the authorities to get strict on tobacco sector. On the other hand, Indian Govt are allowing South American Giants to work with Indian tobacco companies while destroying the current local tobacco economy.
Look there has been no action against Alcohol which is more harmful than tobacco and yet the Govt is not pushing its anti-alcohol mantra aggressively.

amol48

Searching...
I am a part of the YOUTH and as far as my experience is concerned, I can assure you that the only youth who take up to drugs, alcohol and smoking are idiots who have exessive self pride, no respect for other people, fail miserably in studies, and try to act cool by dope, drinks and fags, and later end up wasted.

If someone wants to quit, they can know help is always there. Infact, its a proved fact that once you somehow manage to quit, you end up a wiser man and start putting your life to some good use.

Our population is high as it is. By eliminating such useless lives who still beleive drugs, cigars and drinks are the only way to go, our country would be a much better place. Besides, these people started drinking and doping out of their own free will. They had as much chance as anyone else to save their own lives. But they didn't. So now they suffer and will soon rot in hell.

As for the original statement of yours, that YOUTH are going in the wrong track, let me assure you that youth have BRAINS. Youngsters know how to think and they know how to analyse every situation. At the same time, those who fall prey to such vices are FOOLS.

I agree with you that those who take tobacco and alcohol had enough chance as anyone else of NOT going on that track. But it's not right to call them a 'fool'. Although tobacco, alcohol are harmful to your health, I think it's still a personal choice. Are these only two things that harm us? I think there are a LOT more things that are more harmful than these (for me that would be excessive obsession with religion but i don wanna start another war on that!) and could add a LOT more. But they are never ever even considered and those people are NEVER called a fool!

So although it might be harmful and wrong to do so, I don't think anyone has any right to call them 'fool' or anything as such. Also, your theory that only those people who have problems in life smoke is completely wrong. May be you are stating it from your surrounding but you CANNOT generalize that. I know a lot of people who smoke or drink despite of the things you mentioned.

Don't think that I favor them or that I smoke :p. But I don't mix it with my personal opinion and choice with my words!

Stuge

Youngling
Ban everything injurious to health.
Including fatty foodstuff.
Why is alcohol not banned.
Why allow Bhaang on HOLI.
Society will b hell or heaven if we ban everything thats injurious to us.
Think about that.
You know Red Wine can be good for heart ,if taken in right amount ,but Cigarettes /Hookahs are never good, how much more or less you smoke .

Anyway ,Those who smoke a lot today just be ready for Bypass /Cancer in future (Mostly effects are shown at the age of around 40-60 ).

IMO smokers should save money otherwise they might have to beg for bypass surgery !

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
it actually becomes equal to smoking anyway...in a cig,one guy could maybe smoke about 5-10 but in hukkah since its mild people tend to take a lot..way more...so it becomes exactly the same as cig

INS-ANI

In the zone
IMO Cig is no way good for body.
But alcohol taken in proper amount is not harmful, infact controlled dozes can even help body.
Remember, cough syrup is also 4% alcohol....

Kniwor

Learner
That's all well guys, but I don't think hookah topics need to be discussed for three years, why don't we move on to other things... closing thread. (check the dates before posting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom