Honor Play discussion thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Even I think Honor Play is a great device at 20k. Its camera might not be an upgrade from those 15k phones but at least the performance is good, unlike the Honor 9i & phones from other manufacturers at 20k. There was a lack of good phone around 20k mark. The last good phone that I remember at this price point was Lenovo Vibe X3, which was launched 3 years ago. Other times I suggested people to save money & go for cheaper devices or increase the budget for phones like OP3/3T.
With the launch of Mi A2 imminent, it was a good move from Honor. Honor would easily beat Mi A2 in performance (esp gaming) & practicality (better battery life & 3.5mm jack).
I think they launched Honor Play to compete against Mi A2 (except for updates and UI).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So, what do you think of the price point of the Honor Play? Do you think it could offer some more features? Let your thoughts be known below.

Literally my post
Honor Play discussion thread

1. Remove the notch
2. Replace the 6.3" IPS screen with a 6" amoled one (18:9)
3. Get stock android
4. Replace Kirin 970 with Snapdragon 845
5. Get OIS+EIS + gcam support from day 0 (google can help in camera department)
6. 5000 mAh battery (asus/xiaomi can help here)

Why bother asking for community feedback if Honor management would just do whatever they want in the end?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Wasn't Honor nova 3/3i launched earlier than Honor Play? I'm not sure if they went on sale though.

Honor Play is a good device but I don't know what's the use of having Honor Play & nova 3i at a similar price & making them compete with each other.
3/3i is launching under Huawei, not Honor in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MiA2 is flop device I don't understand why did they remove headphone AMP and 3.5 jack and instead of huge camera bump they could have made phone thicker it would also enable them to fit larger 4000 mah battery
A1 was a hit and Xiaomi think they could get more sales (and profit) just because people want stock android.

Minion

Conversation Architect
They kept the price low. Honor play has same SoC as P20 Pro (20k vs 60k :lol: ). Honor/Huawei was never known for regular updates anyway. Stopping BL unlock is final nail on that coffin.
Huawei P20 pro has better low light performance and camera sadly huawei don't have OIS

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/c0C0AP0kscg1N8C4yoQsGvmpU4OcaMZ1-FTMG2EQlQ-0glITO5ZL6ZLqwy4K_Eixvc0KHD_SUF-7JLYvznFCeB3sDA4yNXH-iz25T-LgOHSQEzTkNmDsxatfV9pUW_ycNyarxaf-​

While the highlight of the Honor Play might be its GPU turbo tech that aims to give users a boost to gaming. It also features a number of interesting features such as the camera.

Like most other current gen smartphones in the market, the Honor Play features a dual-rear camera setup. It sports a 16MP + 2MP setup with AI features.

The phone is able to recognise 22 different categories and 500 scenarios in real time. This is aided by the Neural Processing Unit (NPU) that’s a part of the Kirin 970 chipset.

For selfies, the Honor Play features a 16MP camera at the front. This camera is also benefits with AI-based features. The AI algorithm in the phone is able to mimic studio lighting, allowing users to experiment with five different studio lighting modes.

The AI features with the camera don’t stop once the picture is taken. The intelligent AI classifies your pictures of different scenarios, and automatically selects your photos and videos based on time, location, holiday, and occasions etc.

So, what do you guys think about the features of the Honor Play’s camera? Can you think of some new camera features that it could offer? Sound off below

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I didn't read the xda one yet, but the GSMArena one is good. Lesser frame drops & bit more battery life are good returns. Honor never explicitly mentioned improved performance, they twisted the words.
My friends p20 lite got the update. Less heating while playing pubg.

Finally Honor play is here but what about gaming buttons on body like Asus or Xioami game phone?
Go buy a gaming phone.

Finally Honor play is here but what about gaming buttons on body like Asus or Xioami game phone?
You are getting Kirin 970 for 20k, that's cheap considering it is equivalent to S835 (S835 is better than S660 of Mi A2 by a significant amount). Don't ask for more.

Hopefully, someone might release a Switch like controller for android, an accessory.

Top Bottom