Honor Play discussion thread

Minion

Conversation Architect
Well not happy with honor play.Honor keep on releasing phones with minor changes e.g honor 9 lite/Honor 9N and honor 10/honor play at least being phone honor should have given SD 845,Dual speakers and headphone AMP and to make the matter worse they are using a cheap camera configuration for this phone.

Since honor is spamming Indian market with many phones I think getting regular update will be distant dream for honor users

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Well not happy with honor play.Honor keep on releasing phones with minor changes e.g honor 9 lite/Honor 9N and honor 10/honor play at least being phone honor should have given SD 845,Dual speakers and headphone AMP and to make the matter worse they are using a cheap camera configuration for this phone.

Since honor is spamming Indian market with many phones I think getting regular update will be distant dream for honor users
Surprisingly their updates are fast atleast for non-flagship phones.

Even I think Honor Play is a great device at 20k. Its camera might not be an upgrade from those 15k phones but at least the performance is good, unlike the Honor 9i & phones from other manufacturers at 20k. There was a lack of good phone around 20k mark. The last good phone that I remember at this price point was Lenovo Vibe X3, which was launched 3 years ago. Other times I suggested people to save money & go for cheaper devices or increase the budget for phones like OP3/3T.
With the launch of Mi A2 imminent, it was a good move from Honor. Honor would easily beat Mi A2 in performance (esp gaming) & practicality (better battery life & 3.5mm jack).

Even I think Honor Play is a great device at 20k. Its camera might not be an upgrade from those 15k phones but at least the performance is good, unlike the Honor 9i & phones from other manufacturers at 20k. There was a lack of good phone around 20k mark. The last good phone that I remember at this price point was Lenovo Vibe X3, which was launched 3 years ago. Other times I suggested people to save money & go for cheaper devices or increase the budget for phones like OP3/3T.
With the launch of Mi A2 imminent, it was a good move from Honor. Honor would easily beat Mi A2 in performance (esp gaming) & practicality (better battery life & 3.5mm jack).

OP
Digit-Brand

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/RALzedqXMryUX4bLdkOjk3-0pG3nJg4DqLuOqO0D5n1Cg1oiLJ1iLsZq3W6E7L5UNqW3Pkfsq4Wi5cbFh_dSkWBEuovAl108Pl5lWajvvzlmkiN6wAZEMIGXX3rvKjudqaI2sIRA
A couple of months after unveiling the Honor Play in China, Honor has launched the smartphone in India.

The company has launched both variants of the smartphone in India. So buyers in the country have the option of choosing either the 4GB variant or the 6GB RAM variant.

Both variants of the smartphone offer 64GB of inbuilt storage, which can be further expanded by 256GB via a microSD card.

Of course, the smartphone come with the company’s new GPU Turbo technology. Making it the first to offer the tech in India.

The smartphone is more-or-less the same device that was launched in China. So you still get the company’s Kirin 970 SoC powering the device.

The 4GB variant of the smartphone is priced at Rs 19,999, while the 6GB version is priced at Rs 23,999.

So, what do you think of the price point of the Honor Play? Do you think it could offer some more features? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Of course, the smartphone come with the company’s new GPU Turbo technology. Making it the first to offer the tech in India.

The smartphone is more-or-less the same device that was launched in China. So you still get the company’s Kirin 970 SoC powering the device.

The 4GB variant of the smartphone is priced at Rs 19,999, while the 6GB version is priced at Rs 23,999.

So, what do you think of the price point of the Honor Play? Do you think it could offer some more features? Let your thoughts be known below.
Wasn't Honor nova 3/3i launched earlier than Honor Play? I'm not sure if they went on sale though.

Honor Play is a good device but I don't know what's the use of having Honor Play & nova 3i at a similar price & making them compete with each other.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/RALzedqXMryUX4bLdkOjk3-0pG3nJg4DqLuOqO0D5n1Cg1oiLJ1iLsZq3W6E7L5UNqW3Pkfsq4Wi5cbFh_dSkWBEuovAl108Pl5lWajvvzlmkiN6wAZEMIGXX3rvKjudqaI2sIRA
A couple of months after unveiling the Honor Play in China, Honor has launched the smartphone in India.

The company has launched both variants of the smartphone in India. So buyers in the country have the option of choosing either the 4GB variant or the 6GB RAM variant.

Both variants of the smartphone offer 64GB of inbuilt storage, which can be further expanded by 256GB via a microSD card.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.
Yup good device at that price point especially for gamers. Notch and skin is subjective. But I think people will choose this over oppo and vivo.

Minion

Conversation Architect

MiA2 is flop device I don't understand why did they remove headphone AMP and 3.5 jack and instead of huge camera bump they could have made phone thicker it would also enable them to fit larger 4000 mah battery while honor play is much better device with flagship level performance and larger battery

Last edited:
MiA2 is flop device I don't understand why did they remove headphone AMP and 3.5 jack and instead of huge camera bump they could have made phone thicker it would also enable them to fit larger 4000 mah battery while honor play is much better device with flagship level performance and larger battery
They did price it good though & I'm sure Honor Play had a big role in it. If Honor Play had been launched after Mi A2 maybe we would have seen 20k on Mi A2 (as its close to 300 euros in EU).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

They kept the price low. Honor play has same SoC as P20 Pro (20k vs 60k :lol: ). Honor/Huawei was never known for regular updates anyway. Stopping BL unlock is final nail on that coffin.

Top Bottom