Honor Play discussion thread

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/Npov2ku_d2GqPBgPInhhyvBpDgEM4MQ9ksszDTibetBDXaaUfvCreyA1LOsfpTafVIMktQ4xtbLO1k6vY_QkRPux_PecjNBKpacJKGu87f3UsvykbGi0pHcESoo7IFaOmXlabrVi​

When Huawei and Honor unveiled their new GPU Turbo technology, the company also unveiled two new smartphones, which were the first to showcase the new technology.

The first was the Honor Play was designed to showcase the best that Honor had to offer, it is powered by the best chipset that the company currently has, the Kirin 970.

The Honor Play sport a large 6.3-inch display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels. There is also a small notch located on top of the display.

At the back of the phone is a dual-rear camera setup with a 16MP + 2MP camera setup.

Like almost all current gen Honor smartphones, the Honor Play also boasts of AI features.

The Honor Play is available in two variants, one with 4GB RAM/64GB storage, and another with 6GB RAM/64GB storage.

The second phone that Honor launched was a new version of the Honor 9i. This device is powered by

The highlight of the phone is obviously the GPU Turbo technology. The company notes that this technology improves graphics processing efficiency by 60%, while reducing power consumption by 30%.

Besides the Honor Play, the company also launched an improved version of the Honor 9i smartphone.

While the Honor 9i also come with GPU Turbo technology, it is powered by a mid-range Kirin 659 SoC.

However, the biggest design change in the new Honor 9i is the inclusion of a notch on top of the display

So what do you guys think of the Honor Play? Would you like Honor to release the smartphone in India? Let your thoughts be known below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Before launching it in India, make the following changes and it will sell like hot cakes:
1. Remove the notch
2. Replace the 6.3" IPS screen with a 6" amoled one (18:9)
3. Get stock android
4. Replace Kirin 970 with Snapdragon 845
5. Get OIS+EIS + gcam support from day 0 (google can help in camera department)
6. 5000 mAh battery (asus/xiaomi can help here)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Before launching it in India, make the following changes and it will sell like hot cakes:
1. Remove the notch
2. Replace the 6.3" IPS screen with a 6" amoled one (18:9)
3. Get stock android
4. Replace Kirin 970 with Snapdragon 845
5. Get OIS+EIS + gcam support from day 0 (google can help in camera department)
6. 5000 mAh battery (asus/xiaomi can help here)
None of this is gonna happen, whats gonna happen is a crapload of new "Discussion" threads.
I never disliked Honor brand earlier, but after this Digit fiasco marketting, Im starting to really dislike the brand as a whole.
When the first honor thread hit digit, I thought they were actually gonna listen to the community. Man was I wrong lol

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
None of this is gonna happen, whats gonna happen is a crapload of new "Discussion" threads.
I never disliked Honor brand earlier, but after this Digit fiasco marketting, Im starting to really dislike the brand as a whole.
When the first honor thread hit digit, I thought they were actually gonna listen to the community. Man was I wrong lol
I expect them to incorporate at least 80% of suggestions into new phones if they are spending this much on brand promotion.

Well, thank them it isn't on levels of Oppo or Vivo with crap ton of stupid and irritating ads all over the media and shops/roads. :rofl:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I highly doubt that man, As of now, everyone's trying to copy apple for that notch, the tech population that doesnt want the notch is much much less than the general populace who actually like having a notch, just because apple iphone X has it.
Amoled, they may implement, but there is absolutely no way they will provide stock android or snapdragon 845. Think of the amount of money they would have invested on EMUI and developing Kirin, this marketting budget would pale in comparision to the amount they have spent on that already.
Possibly they will implement OIS/EIS (dont they already ? unfamiliar with their flagship?)
5000 mah is also a long shot because all the manufacturers are trying to make their phone sleek. But possible.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I highly doubt that man, As of now, everyone's trying to copy apple for that notch, the tech population that doesnt want the notch is much much less than the general populace who actually like having a notch, just because apple iphone X has it.
Amoled, they may implement, but there is absolutely no way they will provide stock android or snapdragon 845. Think of the amount of money they would have invested on EMUI and developing Kirin, this marketting budget would pale in comparision to the amount they have spent on that already.
Possibly they will implement OIS/EIS (dont they already ? unfamiliar with their flagship?)
5000 mah is also a long shot because all the manufacturers are trying to make their phone sleek. But possible.
Then they'd probably be remembered as just another OEM which copied crap from Apple instead of doing the right thing.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Users are the ultimate weapon! No one will survive without us!

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So what do you guys think of the Honor Play? Would you like Honor to release the smartphone in India? Let your thoughts be known below.
Gaming phones are now becoming a thing and now enters Honor Play!
Apart from the flagship specs, the other gaming-focused move is the decision to add “4D” haptic feedback of sorts when playing games lets see if it works! According to me, the design is good!
If you want to succeed in this market you really need to bring changes as everyone have mentioned above:
5000mah battery
Amoled Screen(
OnePlus beats Honor 10 in this segment)
Stock Android

Ram3012

Right off the assembly line
I'm a professor in a University for under graduate students, therefore in touch with around 1000 new youth every year for last 20 years. I can say with confidence that youths like mobile with long life, smooth video play, competitive prices and supported by friendly service centers.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Notches are going down the drain. By next year we should get rid of this "trend".
I'm a professor in a University for under graduate students, therefore in touch with around 1000 new youth every year for last 20 years. I can say with confidence that youths like mobile with long life, smooth video play, competitive prices and supported by friendly service centers.
So, professor you came to digit only to tell us that?

@Digit-Brand
Besides the non-notched display, will Kirin support dual volte option? And any chance of High end vr in Honor phones especially your gaming phones?

SilentAssassin

Broken In
Notched display hides some of the screen and you guys don't even understand that? The phone makes a similar look like I phone X but that doesn't seem good. It has been suggested by a lot of guys even in this forum too and you are introducing the same unwanted notch in your upcoming phone too? Seems like you guys don't even consider over feedbacks. This discussion is becoming irrelevant.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Notched display hides some of the screen and you guys don't even understand that? The phone makes a similar look like I phone X but that doesn't seem good. It has been suggested by a lot of guys even in this forum too and you are introducing the same unwanted notch in your upcoming phone too? Seems like you guys don't even consider over feedbacks. This discussion is becoming irrelevant.
Copying apple is a higher priority than doing the right thing.

Top Bottom