Home theatre set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ePandit

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,
Posting the first time on this forum. I am living in Chennai, india, looking for a decent 5.1 home theatre system, can go for a good receiver now and a 2.1 speaker set and can buuy the rest of the speakers later maybe. I have a budget of 20-25k. I hope some of you experts would be able to give me some good advice what and where to buy here in chennai.

Thanks

Ch@0s

In the zone
ePandit said:
Hi Friends,
Posting the first time on this forum. I am living in Chennai, india, looking for a decent 5.1 home theatre system, can go for a good receiver now and a 2.1 speaker set and can buuy the rest of the speakers later maybe. I have a budget of 20-25k. I hope some of you experts would be able to give me some good advice what and where to buy here in chennai.

Thanks

Music or movies? Whats ur basic interest?

Ch@0s said:
For 15k bucks, you can get a wharfedale diamond 8.2 + a 40W norge/pulz amp legally that'll blow the socks off any sony/sammy/panny crap that you can put in front of it. Hell there are atleast 10 different makes of great bookshelf speakers that you can buy for less than 15000 bucks. You can very well enjoy your 5000W sony system without even realising that it can never even produce 50W of real power, let alone 5000W :p. High quality audio doesn't mean that you need to spend the moon. Even on a low budget you can get excellent deals. There are lots of indian for even cheaper like sanen and telome that'll give you an amp + speakers for less than 10k. Sony amps are fine... they'll do okay in the low end but the speakers made by all these companies are absolutely horrible. As for my equipment is only the low end of hifi. I'm happy with my equipment and thats all matters.

I support you wholeheartedly...

I have a Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 + Cambridge Azur 640A Stereo amp... It rocks big time.. Literally blows the socks of any Sony/Panny crap....

I also have a par of Senn PX 100s and man they sound amazing

I am getting Shure E4C canalphones soon

It is heartening that at least a few people like you understand the meaning of good audio...

I second that.... Mini-hifi from Sony is absolute rubbish

suave_guy

pedal to metal
well i wont go into much detail but i definately agree with each and every word said by chaos...he's spot on while making the difference between the sound quality of sony/panny whatever and the real daddys...
btw the worst thing abt sony is that the cost u pay to get them includes the premium, brand equity and many more factors and finally sound quality!
so say at 15K u dont exactly get the sound quality which u deserve for that price from sonys and philips...
lemme give one more example depicting sonys quality, take the car audio scenario which demands sophisticated audio quality and latest technology, look at where sony xplode stands....nowhere near JBL, hertz, infinity kappa, pioneer etc.
ENJoy...

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
Absolutely agree with you chaos I was also not able to believe my ears when I brought thealtec lansing mx-5021.The bass is simply mindblowing and you really feel the vocals because it is thx certified.At 8k it is much better than any sony .
@suave guy
Ya sony Xplod is even given a big thumbs down by all var audio specailists and blaupunkt,infinity,jbl and kicker/soundstream are the more preffered ones.

mandar5

Youngling
hey chaosbhai have u come cross samsung httq 25 5.1 system how is it i m planning to buy for xbox 360 thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom