Home Network using Linksys + ADSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrash_metal

In the zone
I have a TataIndicom 512unlimited connection . The router IS Billion BiPAC 5200(S) ADSL . Now I also have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router . The aim is to connect my pc , another friends pc and my xbox360 wireless/wired so that all can access the internet as well as data transfer between them . I tried using the setup which came on with the Linksys ... but the setup STOPS at step 10 "saying that cannot access the internet" , I triple checked all the connections and they are correct , although I'm a n00b in networking department ...... Can anyone help me configure all these properly ?

The connection right now is :-

My pc -> Linksys WRT54G -> Billion BiPAC 5200S -> Internet

IF I directly connect the adsl router to the pc ..the inter is working fine , the moment I connect the Linksys all problems start !!!! A dude told me about some ADSL router settings but even he was unsure of ..... any ideas ???

scorpionzzz

Right off the assembly line
may be indiom have registered your machine's mac address so that other can not use the net from ur line..

suave_guy

pedal to metal
go to the linksys website and download a tool from their troubleshooting section called "netstat"...its a stepwise troubleshooting guide and should automatically correct ur settings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom