HL2 DEATHMATCH HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi guys I want to know how we can invite other players to our server while playing online?I click on create server and i end up playing alone for hours. :oops:
Please help! Let me b clear i own an original cd pack.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I'm not quite sure how you could invite players but I guess other players get high pings for your game and hence nobody joins. What connection do you have? It's better if you join other games or get a few friends to play with you. It sucks if nobody joins your game :p

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Probably high pings make'em go away. It might help somewhat to have airtel as their latency to singapore servers are said to be lower than the others'.
I don't know if bots show up as players online, but I hope u are using bots as fill-ins so that it won't show only one player in the room. That wud be a detterrent too.
Try to get some friends by joining other cs servers and chatting with them and then invite them over. That's sure to work.

expertno.1

Technomancer
i have never played any game online

can anyone give me step by step ways to play games like aoe2 or diablo or quake ?

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Mandar if you just create server and expect people to even see it then its not gona happen.
You need to configure the ports.
Configure your net settings for server to be listed on steam browser and visible to others.
If you are not getting anyone it means your server is not visible to others.
------------------------------
You need these ports opened from windows firewall or any other firewall that you are using. or you need to forword it to the router in case you use router.

UDP 1200 (Friends Network)
UDP 27000 to 27015 (Gameport)
UDP 27020
TCP 27030 to 27039
TCP: 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

-----------------------------------------
If you are on the local WAN cable setup like sify, pacenet, aquira, exattnet then you also need to add your external ip to the ip list.
for that once you are connected to net, go to following site.
*www.ostrosoft.com/OIT/external_ip.asp

that will give you your external ip.
then go to control pannel>network connections> right click on your LAN adaptor and click on properties.
It will open a new window. there click on Internet Protocol and then click on properties.
In the new window you will have your ip settings. Click advanced.
In the IP address window click add. and enter your external ip address there and click ok.

You have to do this every time you connect to the net. Delete old entry and add new.
---------------------------------------------
Now you are good to go. Your server should be visible on the steam network and if pings are good then you will get people on your server.

I am hosting CSS server for quiet a while and i do get many people playing on it.
For any assistance go to steam powered forums.
Read this thread. Its for CSS but all IP/firewall setings for CSS and HL2 DM are same.
*forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189717

Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.