high speed usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Intel p4 3.00 ghz.
915 motherboard
512 mb ddr memor

the above is the configuration. Recently I wanted to upgrade the firmware of my mp3 player. at that time, a message popped up saying that I am upgrading from a slow usb port and I should upgrade from a faster port and it even showed a list of faster usb ports which are available in my pc. But I couldn't understand which usb port in the front or in the back or even in the front there are two. Now I want to know the specific usb port which is fastest? Can somebody help? I am very newbe in hardware.

abracadabra

Journeyman
usb are presently of two types

usb 1.1 which has a speed of i guess 50Mb/s
usb 2.0 which has a speed of 480 Mb/s i guess

systems may use a different name, because Hi-Speed USB drivers in these operating systems are not provided directly from Microsoft (Windows ME, 2000 and XP get their drivers through Windows Update). hence u wuld have to install the software provided from the manufacturer

janitha

Wise Old Owl
abracadabra said:

systems may use a different name, because Hi-Speed USB drivers in these operating systems are not provided directly from Microsoft (Windows ME, 2000 and XP get their drivers through Windows Update). hence u wuld have to install the software provided from the manufacturer

A8N-E Mobo has provision for 8 or 10 USB 2 ports. If the proper drivers, either MS or NVidia are installed in the OS, will that mean that all of them will work as USB2? (assuming we connect only USB 2 devices)

ashfame

Padawan
May be u r not able to express ur ques.
coz if usb 2.0 drivers are not installed, they run @ slower speeds but when drivers are installed (i had it in mobo cd), they run faster.
Its only problem with the driver issues, i think!!
Atleast that happened on my PC once.
Correct me if i am wrong.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
abracadabra said:

USB 1.1 = 12 Mbps
USB 2.0 = 480 Mbps

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I have installed all the required drivers, mobo cd is with me. But still when I try to upgrade the firmware of my mp3player(u2cown) from 1.40 to 1.63, windows is giving the message that i should use high speed usb ports rather than the present one and that I have got high speed usb ports and goes on to list some. I didn't understand anything from the list. I am not able to upgrade my firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom