• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

high speed usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Intel p4 3.00 ghz.
915 motherboard
512 mb ddr memor

the above is the configuration. Recently I wanted to upgrade the firmware of my mp3 player. at that time, a message popped up saying that I am upgrading from a slow usb port and I should upgrade from a faster port and it even showed a list of faster usb ports which are available in my pc. But I couldn't understand which usb port in the front or in the back or even in the front there are two. Now I want to know the specific usb port which is fastest? Can somebody help? I am very newbe in hardware.

abracadabra

Journeyman
usb are presently of two types

usb 1.1 which has a speed of i guess 50Mb/s
usb 2.0 which has a speed of 480 Mb/s i guess

systems may use a different name, because Hi-Speed USB drivers in these operating systems are not provided directly from Microsoft (Windows ME, 2000 and XP get their drivers through Windows Update). hence u wuld have to install the software provided from the manufacturer

janitha

Wise Old Owl
abracadabra said:

systems may use a different name, because Hi-Speed USB drivers in these operating systems are not provided directly from Microsoft (Windows ME, 2000 and XP get their drivers through Windows Update). hence u wuld have to install the software provided from the manufacturer

A8N-E Mobo has provision for 8 or 10 USB 2 ports. If the proper drivers, either MS or NVidia are installed in the OS, will that mean that all of them will work as USB2? (assuming we connect only USB 2 devices)

ashfame

Padawan
May be u r not able to express ur ques.
coz if usb 2.0 drivers are not installed, they run @ slower speeds but when drivers are installed (i had it in mobo cd), they run faster.
Its only problem with the driver issues, i think!!
Atleast that happened on my PC once.
Correct me if i am wrong.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
abracadabra said:

USB 1.1 = 12 Mbps
USB 2.0 = 480 Mbps

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I have installed all the required drivers, mobo cd is with me. But still when I try to upgrade the firmware of my mp3player(u2cown) from 1.40 to 1.63, windows is giving the message that i should use high speed usb ports rather than the present one and that I have got high speed usb ports and goes on to list some. I didn't understand anything from the list. I am not able to upgrade my firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom