High End Rig - Gaming and Few Apps

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Hi Friends,
This is my first post and after going through the suggestions given by you to other members, I feel I am at the right place. All though I am a bit techie have done this hardware stuff close to around 8 - 9 yrs ago I am not abreast with the current market trends.

I intend to build a very high end rig primary purpose been gaming and then few other apps viz PS, VMWare, VDO Editing and Rendering.

I was about to buy the system today and then one of my friend guided me to this section of the forum, hence appreciate your valued inputs and suggestions..

Here are the answers to the questions as requested :

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Games at Ultra settings as listed below :
MS FSX, xPlane 10, GTA V, Crysis 3, Assassins Creed Series, Counter Strike 1.6 :wink: , Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, NFS Rivals and at times Grid 2.

Applications : Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and VMWare Workstation with approximately 10 Workstations which will run my Lab (Though this will be turned off or in Hibernate when I play games) apart from this general web browsing, MS office and casual stuff.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 3.5 to 4 Lacs (Just the CPU)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Pro - x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:256GB SSD (Primary and OS Drive) / 1TB x 3 (Data Drive - Preferably Raid 5 if its available in Desktop class systems or else 1 x 3 TB)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, however it has another budget. 3 x 1080p or 3 x UHD I don't know much on current available one's.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I will have to buy everything I got nothing... :)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP - I can close this today if I get relevant suggestions and recommendations

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, however I would like someone else to do it for me this time ..... :wink:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore, I can buy locally or online either ways it works.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Based on my research and the limited knowledge that I have, I have come up with the below configuration I would appreciate if you gurus can append your suggestions and recommendations on the below.

Intel core i7 4960X 3.6GHz Extreme - 75520 on ITDepot
Asus Rampage IV Extreme 64GB - 32975 on ITDepot
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W - 15820 on Flipkart
G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2400 - 21681 on Flipkart
Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower Gaming Cabinet - 23900 on ITDepot
Samsung 840Pro 256GB SATA III SSD - 16585 on Flipkart (Primary Drive)
WD Caviar Green 3TB (WD30EZRX) - 8777 on Flipkart (Data Drive)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6GB x 2 - 83444 x 2 - 166888 on Flipkart
Corsair H110 CPU Cooler - 9400 on Flipkart
Asus 16X BD (BW-16D1HT) - 8455 on ITDepot

Feel free to add any more components if required...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Abhijeet K.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel core i7 4960X 3.6GHz Extreme - 75520
Asus Rampage IV Extreme 64GB - 32975
Seasonic X-SS850KM3 - 12820
G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2400 - 21681
Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower Gaming Cabinet - 23900
Samsung 840Pro 256GB SATA III SSD - 16585 on Flipkart (Primary Drive)
WD Caviar Black 1TBx3 - 18000 (Data Drive)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6GB x 2 - 83444 x 2 - 166888
Corsair H110 CPU Cooler - 9400
Asus 16X BD (BW-16D1HT) - 8455
TOTAL -4,10,124

(OR)

Intel Core i7 4770K -24000,
Asus Z87 Sabertooth -22500,
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) 2400 -21000,
Zotac GTX Titan 6GBx2 -83444x2 -166888,
Corsair H100i 2013 Edition -10000,
Corsair 600T White Edition -11000,
Corsair AX1200 -18000,
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD -16000,
WD Caviar Black 1TB x3 -18000,
APC 1.5K UPS PRO -13000,
Asus 16X BD (BW-16D1HT) -8455,
Dell S2740L 27" LED IPS -21000.
TOTAL -3,49,843.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
Two GTX Tiatan or 780TI is overkill for single monitor...
For this budget Why not multi monitor Gaming setup ?

PratikV

Broken In
Seriously, No need to spend 3-4Lakhs for Gaming System. getting a system within 80k-100k is ok. Invest other 2 lakhs in Fixed deposit. :razz::-D

OP
abhijeet.ak

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Seasonic X-SS850KM3 - 12820
WD Caviar Black 1TBx3 - 18000 (Data Drive)

Thanks man the second option is totally out of question as I want an extreme processor, so basically this is the config that even I shortlisted however I can see that you are suggesting for Seasonic PSU and Caviar Black 1TB x 3 for the data drive however can you please let me know :

Will I need to purchase additional Raid Controller or does the MB supports Raid 5 for the data drive (1TB x 3 WD Caviar Black) ?

Seasonic 850 is complete modular however the total Output will be 850watts, will it be sufficient and future proof considering I have two titans on the board ???

marvelousprashant said:
Instead of dual titan, dual 780ti
Corsair dominator ram
Swiftech h320 cpu cooler
Corsair 900D cabinet

1. 780Ti has 3GB Memory per GPU will it be sufficient for some really high loads on a UHD or a 4K resolution monitors ??
2. I was doing some research around Corsair Dominator Platinum - It is 2600Mhz will the Rampage IV extreme M/B support this ram and secondly is there any substantial variance in the performance between the Ripjaws Z 2400Mhz and Dominator Platinum ?
3. I might think about the cooler however at the moment I am more convinced with the H110 :)
4. I still like the Cosmos II ultra cabinet looks trendy :-D :razz:

vijju6091 said:
Two GTX Tiatan or 780TI is overkill for single monitor...
For this budget Why not multi monitor Gaming setup ?

It will be a multi-monitor setup, I intend to purchase 3 x 4K resolution UHD monitors... :) please suggest any if you know.

I can even manage 3 x 1080p 27" Ultrawide IPS trendy panels, however my minimum criteria is 1080p.

I know the cost difference between the two will be quite high.

OP
abhijeet.ak

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Seriously, No need to spend 3-4Lakhs for Gaming System. getting a system within 80k-100k is ok. Invest other 2 lakhs in Fixed deposit. :razz::-D

Lol !!! Thanks for the Investment tip :D :D Instead of getting 1500 pm as Interest I would prefer spending 1500pm into a high end rig.... :D :D

OP
abhijeet.ak

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Frnzzz a quick question :

In india GTX Titan is supplied thru two channels Asus and Zotac which one would you guys recommend in terms of technology readiness, after market cooler installations, post sales support and I know there might be a slight cost difference as well..

Is EVGA available in the Indian market ?

OP
abhijeet.ak

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Guys also is my choice of Mobo future proof and a good one... (Asus Rampage IV Extreme 64GB) or can you suggest alternates...

I was also looking at Asrock X79 Extreme... any comments ?

:bump: :bump:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
obviously you have the money to burn so why asking about futureproofing.it is like someone asking about future petrol prices after planning to get a ferrari.if you are worried about future proofing you won't spend 4 lakhs on a gaming rig.

OP
abhijeet.ak

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
obviously you have the money to burn so why asking about futureproofing.it is like someone asking about future petrol prices after planning to get a ferrari.if you are worried about future proofing you won't spend 4 lakhs on a gaming rig.

well, honestly its just to ensure the Mobo supports trends and technologies 1 or 2 yrs down the line... and i need not do the research exercise again or look at updating (not upgrading :) ) the components ... probably by then my son will also start using this Rig :)

i72600k

The Physicist!
Don't go with GTX Titan, it is a waste for that price. Get gtx 780ti or r9 290x instead.

FSX is heavily CPU dependent so I would suggest you i7 4960x and a good cooling kit like Siftech H220 so that you can overclock it to atleast 5 GHZ if you are planning to use ORBX scenery addons and PMDG 777 simultaneously.

Except FSX, all other games would be raped on stock CPU.

hitman4

In the zone
Intel Core i7 4770k
Asus Z87 v pro
Corsair 2 x 8gb ram
GTX 780 ti
Corsair H100i
Cooler master storm stryker
Seasonic x750km
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
WD Caviar Black 2TB

OP
abhijeet.ak

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
Don't go with GTX Titan, it is a waste for that price. Get gtx 780ti or r9 290x instead.

FSX is heavily CPU dependent so I would suggest you i7 4960x and a good cooling kit like Siftech H220 so that you can overclock it to atleast 5 GHZ if you are planning to use ORBX scenery addons and PMDG 777 simultaneously.

Except FSX, all other games would be raped on stock CPU.

Well said.... 4960X is confirmed.... what bat the Mobo..

Actually you and prashant both suggested 780Ti and based on some more research that i did i think i will go for 2/3 x 780Ti m getting one asus 780Ti for 56K so it saves a bit of my cash as well... effectively 780Ti is also finalised unless someone gives me a real convincing reason for titan. :)

Thanks all for the help so far....

ASHISH65

Technomancer
^ above rig is more than enough for gaming

no need to waste your money on 2 x titan or 3 x display..

you cannot notice a single difference in games between single 780ti and titan sli

Make a pc around 1.5 lakh..believe me it is enough

Top Bottom