High End PC for Designing and Gaming

achusp

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys Im new to the forum. I Don't have much knowledge about high end peripherals, so please help me guys. Thanks :D

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Run applications like CAD, ansys ( i know these don't require much) and maya ( going to be used for heavy designing) and some others

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 120k +/- 30k which ever fits the bill

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Sure if the need comes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 4 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 3 panel setup 24 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:none

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: nope

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Locally but if not available, then online. Might have a good chance of buying them from Dubai.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:This config is for a friend of mine. He's doing some degree in Sweden. He designs things like skyscrapers and all and he told me he needed a work station like config if possible with this budget plus he says he wants something he can brag about :D

rock2702

Padawan
Refer this thread to get an idea about your friend'a rig.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165129

Top Bottom