hiding a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_kshetri

Broken In
since i'm at hostel and i have to share my computer,i don't have privacy on my own's computer
so how can i install a program and still hide that program's name from "ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAM" category of control panel?
can anybody plz help me?

ankushkool

Youngling
i hav de same prob :p
try "1st security agent" (u can restrict using this )
even "universal sheild" is a good protection soft

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't know about this but is it not possible to you create guest accounts for them and define policies?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
i got an idea,
maybe u can install the program, copy the folder(the install directly, like C:/program file/BLAH BLAH) and then uninstall it,
then try to run the executable,
then u can use any encrypter to hide it
Hope This Helps ;)

OP
R

raj_kshetri

Broken In
hey the tip from ANKUSHKOOL was quite helpful.
i downloaded "1st seucrity agent" n it has the exact function as i needed.
so thanks a lot.
but ya how can i hide the "1st security agent's" folder from program files section because i share ADMINISTRATOR account with my frens.is there any way out?

Last edited:

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Arre yaar use Regedit and then goto Hkey_Local_Machine >>Software >>Microsoft>>Windows>>Current Version>>Uninstall and then click on the "+" icon on it to reveal further "blah blah" type names, from there click on each sub-folder and select the name of the software from the right hand side and when you have found what you have to hide then delete the sub-Key, and there's it ! Voila ! But please note that it does not affect the software rather only hides it from Add or Remove Programs, you can always uninstall it by going to the Program Files folder and executing the uninstaller of that software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom