Hibernation Problem Dual Boot Win XP/Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Guyz I'm facing this strange problem
Since I rarely use Vista I've never tried hibernating it but in XP even after Hibernation when I restart my PC it starts as a normal boot
Is it some case of Boot Loader that is newer than XP :confused:

Currently I'm able to hibernate but not able to recover that state of Hibernation
ie A Purposeless Hibernation

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Is it some case of Boot Loader that is newer than XP
I think no, because i also have dual boot xp pro and vista, and i never face this types of problems.
There may be problems with Ram.
Try ram in different slot or if possible check with any other ram and write here.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
This is not a problem with vista boot loader. Most probably it is a ram problem or disk problem. Disable hibernation in xp and reenable it so that it recreate hiberfil.sys

racketin

Right off the assembly line
Hi Ecko,

Did anything solve your problem? Me too stuck with this issue, have tried many things, but nothing seems to work. I do have enough space on HDD for hibernation. I have DELL Latitude D630 with WinXP SP3 with 3.5 GB RAM. Can I upgrade my BIOS somehow??

dreams

Gracias Senor
this issue can happen when the windows drive is not having the space for storing the hibernating files..this issue happ to my computer too..if yes like others say, disable and enable hibernating, then clean the RAM and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom