Hi guys, iam making my dream gaming rig with 60-80k, i need your expertise and help

shadem99

Broken In
So, this is my first gig in building a gaming pc, not really my field really but ive done a bit of research, i need your help to make it perfect

Iam open to any and all suggestions, advice and help from you guys

• Iam going to be using it for gaming mostly and watching movies and tv shows
  • Iam planning to buy it from lamington road mumbai, i have prime abgb in my mind as to which shop but taking in recommendations, ill be taking quotations from a few shops over there though
  • Iam going to buy it in june 1st or 2nd week, iam waiting for the r9 300 announcement in computex taipei (june 2-6th) before making my desicion
  • Iam planning to play games on it for 4-5 years in 1080p (possibly upgrade to 1440p when they get cheaper) in ultra settings without any problems
  • Iam not overclocking
  • Iam willing to increase my budget if theres a performance boost
  • Iam willing to wait for any upcoming tech if its worth it
  • I can buy anything online if its cheaper or only available online
  • I wont be needing mouse, keyboard, speakers, optical drive, headphones and those shenanigans
  • I sit for hours together in a comp, watching something, gaming (mostly only gaming), surfing or typing out my dessertation, and iam not sitting ...its still on with something on utorrent

What iam looking

• A good CPU, i do mmo's from time to time so i think a good cpu is a must, i was thinking i5 4690 (can i even afford i7 here?), iam going for non K edition since i wont be overclocking, is there any reason to go for AMD Fx in this price range, i read intel's single thread performance is better
  • Motherboard, i need a future proof one for the next gen of intel processors ? so i guess z97 ? any good suggestions ?
  • A ATX cabinet with dust filter, i heard these things are available i would very much like them, dust is my mortal enemy, if its flashy and good for showing off its a plus point, but cooling and dust filters are priority..ample space and good cable management, usb 3.0 ports..i had coolermaster n400, circle cc830 and deepcool tessract, deepcool kendomen ti mid tower in my mind...any others? also whats a itx, the little box thingy..are they any good ?
  • For GPU iam looking at MSI GTX GEFORCE 970 4gb (read online that the msi ones are best), if not this then asus strix ? or the upcoming zotac card amp omega 970 or the zotac normal 970 one, although iam going to be making my desicion after amd announces their 300 series cards, heard that the HBM will be only on their flagship card 390 and rest will be rebrands, iam not sure i can even afford any of them
  • A cheap SSD with 120gb and a reliable hdd with 7200rpm and 1 or 2 TB, iam looking at western digital but not sure which one caviar green ?black?...i can skip the ssd if things go beyond budget, also any good hybrid hdds?
  • For RAM iam going for gskrill ripjawsx 1866mhz 2x4gbs ddr3, i would like to know if getting ddr4 is worth it, i mean if it costs only marginally more i would get them now...also is 1866 fine or i should look for higher ? also any better brands?
  • Cooler i would be going with coolermaster evo 212x (what are the x and non x version in this ?)..also my friend as a coolermaster hydro series cooler, is liquid cooling worth it ?
  • What kind of paste should i look for to attach the cooler ?
  • PSU iam not which ones are good, suggest me one considering this setup ^
  • I would also be needing a good wifi card since my home has a wifi setup and it will be pain to use a ethernet from where my router is to where ill be keeping the pc
  • Iam not sure what a sound card will do for me, how much it costs or do i even need one
  • For the monitor i need 1080p display, ips or tn panel ? which one should i go for with 120 or 144hz refresh rate and a decent screen size of 21-24 inch (can skimp out on the monitor and go for a 1080p60hz if things cross the budget)
  • Will there be need to attach extra fans to the cabinet, if so how many and which ones

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, thats all...feel free to post your setup suggestions, any upcoming parts i should be looking out for and if its worth waiting, any advice while building, places where i can buy them or anything
Also let me me know much the entire thing will cost

Heres some badass folk metal for you

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
dream rigs exist on in dreams. read this instead
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q1.html

and fill up this
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

:|

OP
S

shadem99

Broken In
dream rigs exist on in dreams. read this instead
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-buying-guide-suggested-configs-2015-q1.html

and fill up this
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

:|

done, ive actually mentioned all those questions in the post..but here

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Heavy 1080p gaming, at 120+ fps...needs to be future proof

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60-80k inr

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, need 21-24 inch, ips or tn panel (not sure which) 120 or 144hz refresh rate monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Dont need mouse, keyboard, optical drive, speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: June 1st week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Was done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, buying from lamington road and also can buy online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Need a heavy duty gaming pc, can skimp on ssd and monitor

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ProcessorIntel i5 457014,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,600
MotherboardMSI H97M-G436,900
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz4,500
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR528,500
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520w5,000
CabinetAntec GX300 Window3,700
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Optical Drivenone0
MonitorAOC I2276VWM 22" LED IPS8,800
KeyboardNone0
MouseNone
Total80,000

Modified forums 80k Config

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
You missed out SSD, its makes the system really faster.
I recommend the samsung 850 evo ssd. If you leave out SSD go for 16gb ram.

And you will need 250gb ssd, because all the games you play, apps you use should be on SSD.
TV, Movies, Music, Backups, Pictures can stay on HDD.

Amazon.com: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM): Computers & Accessories

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=313082]shadem99[/MENTION],

Take a look of this configuration, maybe it will fulfill your requirement.

AMD FX-9590 (8 Core)
Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler
ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+
Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1866mhz
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB SSD
WD Blue HDD 1TB
MSI GeForce GTX 980 or GTX 970 4GB
Corsair CX 600W

For Cabinet and Monitor, you can go with the any brand; based on your requirements.

Good luck.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Not an expert here but just wondering...since you plan to watch movies as well, why not consider buying BluRay DVD drive/writer.. this could compliment the high end specs you have in mind.

icebags

Technomancer
Not an expert here but just wondering...since you plan to watch movies as well, why not consider buying BluRay DVD drive/writer.. this could compliment the high end specs you have in mind.

blurays are not exactly sold at prices everyone would automatically want to buy.....

Hi @shadem99 ,

Take a look of this configuration, maybe it will fulfill your requirement.

AMD FX-9590 (8 Core)
Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler
ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+
Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1866mhz
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB SSD
WD Blue HDD 1TB
MSI GeForce GTX 980 or GTX 970 4GB
Corsair CX 600W

For Cabinet and Monitor, you can go with the any brand; based on your requirements.

Good luck.

9590 consumes hell lot of power. I would never recommend it.

Top Bottom