hi everyone .... need help in choosing cdwriter & printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
hi everyone in digit forum ...
im back to the forum after a really long time .. was busy playing ragnarok 24*7 ...
newayz ....
1) My cdwriter(LG GCE-8320B) recently got crapped (everything running fine , it jus cant detect any cd :p)
So itll be very helpful if u guys can suggest some good cdwriters (wid approx price & pros & cons) as i lost touch months back . I use cdwrite most frequently.
Please also suggest any low priced dvd writer if possible.

2)I need to buy an inkjet printer for home use .. it will not be in use most of the time .. jus quite a few pages accasionally ... so please suggest some printers (price range :? maybe under 4/5k ) im confused wid wat to choose hp or cannon ... i need value for money & also don wanna compromise wid print quality much.
I want to buy before 1st april so please reponse fast:)
Thanking you all in advance :wink: :D

suave_guy

pedal to metal
how about a combo drive rather then a cd writer or u already have a dvd drive??....in case u do then go for a cd writer by sony or in case u dont have dvd drive then i strongly suggest u to go for a combo drive preferably by liteon or samsung....

i know that samsung used to be buggy regarding their optical drives but i guess no more, recently they had a collaboration with toshiba and now they have improved their build quality....if in case u go for samsung combo drive then go for this particular model....TSST corp CDW/DVD TS-H492A...this is a latest model made both by smasung and toshiba....one advantage with samsung is that it reads scratched cds more efficiently then any other optical drive brand....

regarding printer...as u've have mentioned that u need a printer for home/casual purpose and that u'll not be using ur printer most of the times so go for a cheap yet reliable option....HP Deskjet 3420 priced maybe arnd. Rs.2400, its cheap but the print quality is decent...

ENjoy....

OP
I

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
thanx suave_guy for your response . ya i already have a dvd drive of liteon(bought rite b4 digit started givin dvd). so im more interested in buying a CDWriter or a dvdwriter(if i get good one in lower prices .. i hav very little idea abt dvdwriters & types of dvd they can write on :? ).
u mentioned cdwriter of sony? ne specific model or somthing ?/

i would like some more views ... guys please, a little urgent :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
For CD-Writer, I have heard Sony is better than the rest. No personal experience.

As for printer, I am very clear. Go for Canon. I have canon pixma iP 1000. It costed me around 2575 and does a good enough work.

As for Canon vs. HP, print quality is almost same in both. No issues there. But HP has a very high recurring costs. The ink cartridges are very expensive when compared with canon ink tanks. Additionally, you can also use refill kits to refill your own canon ink tanks and reduce the refilling costs still further. I have 2 canon printers and 1 HP printer in my office. All work well, but I will soon replace the sole HP as soon as it is time for new cartridge. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
It_is_Andrew wrote:
hmm
im being confused wid many brands in case of cdwriter ... lg, liteon, benq or sony !? & why??

Well Andrew its simply bcoz since the market is so competative so every brand wants to be on top and thats the reason Y we buyers r getting the best of performance from every brand (and not to mention the low and competative prices, DUDE) :wink:

But if i would hv to suggest then i would say go for SAMSUNG CD WRITERS I hv been using the CD writer since 2 years and as u mentioned u BURN a lot of CDs (like i do, :p ) then i think u shud go for the SAMSUNG brands of CD writers bro !

Till now i must hv BURNed atleast near to 150-175 CDs (both WRITABLE adn RE-WRITABLE) and the SAMSUNG Writer has not once failed to write or run a CD in its drive so its best for u.

but hey if any of u other guys wanna suggest plz go ahead as i dont know abt other CD writers dudes :?

neyways cheers n peace....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
For DVD writer:
Benq 1620 --> rs. 4.5k
Sony 720 -b --> 4.8k
These are the best...

NEC/Toshiba is also good, but i dont think u will get those here in India.

And in case of a CD writer:
Sony/lite-on
pioneer

Dont go for Samsung --> tray problems
LG --> CD reading problems

----

@ashu888ashu888,
Even i have 2 ROMs both are Samung, and both dint give me any problems, we will have to see as a majority, then most of us say samsung drives are cr@p.

I remember readng a post where a guy had to ugrade his firmware to make the DVD play!

OP
I

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
Thanx everyone for the inputs :)
I finally bought liteon cdwriter (the salesman evry efficiently convinced me to do so ! :? :oops: ).

Now i hav 4 options for the printer. Please decide for me. :)

1) Lexmark Z-615 . (this model the salesman suggested strongly saying it has excellent support & decent print .. but i donno nethin abt lexmark !)

2) canon pixima ip1000

3) Hp Deskjet 3745.

4)HP Deskjet 3845.

Now i will use the printer rarely so need but i will for important print out also so dont really want to compromise that much with print quality at the same time.

ONE BIG CONFUSION : I have a old mercury motheboard ( KOB P4 M266 NDFSMx). I think it supports usb1 only.
now some of the above printers described to use usb2 port ... im not clear abt those .... will i be able to attach those to my machine?

Please help me out again :wink: :)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Buy the cannon pixima ip1000 Its the best And about the USB thing dont worry the USB 2 is compatable with USB1 only the data rate is slow so if you dont do too much of heavy color printing it will not be a problem. Later if you feel you can buy a usb 2 addon card for about Rs 300/-

tuxfan

Technomancer
Canon pixma ip 1000. I use it and works just about perfect. No problems at all and recurring costs are low too :D

OP
I

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
i will use it less but will to print importasnt documents so need best quality (generally back & while).
will canon deliver same quality as hp or i havta compromise?
(& what abt the [print header story canon its fixed hp its with ink cartridges etc issue?)
please respond immediately :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
There are no issues with print quality with Canon. It is equally good as any other inkjet printer, including HP.

In HP what you get is ink cartridge. That includes the ink tank and the print head. So the cost is high and you have to pay for a print head even if it doesn't need a replacement. :(

Whereas in Canon, what you get is ink tanks. Print head is separate. That is why it is cheaper. You can replace the head whenever you want and print head doesn't need replacement too often.

Hope it is clear now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom