Hi Anyone Help Me Please...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murali

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everyone,
I Am In Big Trouble with my system.My Friend Has Locked One Of my PC Drives.He Has Done Something to my PC Now i am Unable to open my E:.If I Open E: I get a message That "ACCESS IS DENIED"
and i am unable to access the contents of E: i have my important college Photos in it.So Please Tell me procedure to Make a Drive Inaccessible i.e
When Any one open They should get a message "ACCESS IS DENIED" and there should not be any way 2 access it and a way 2 Open it again..

Bye.......

Please..............

cooltarun

Broken In
Try restarting windows in safe mode. It is probably a software like "Folder Guard" which is blocking the access. You can try uninstalling the software or remove the startup entries from registry.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
do u log in with administrator privileges ? and are u the only user configured on ur pc ? if there are more than one users configured then maybe ur frnd has disabled sharing of that partition using xp's inbuilt sharing facility. i had faced a similar problem and then had to reinstall windows to get that partition working.. maybe others will help u with other ways to access it.

iinfi

mekalodu
i faced a similar problem b4 .... the partition was an NTFS partition .....

even after re-installing windows i cud not retrieve the contents of the partition ... since there were not any imp files i decided to delete the partition using partition magic ....

@murli: U CAN TRY DISABLING PASSWORS (BLANK PASSWORD) TO ALL THE USERS ON YOUR COMPUTER ... THIS MITE HELP

vswizard

Broken In
There cud be a solution if its a NTFS partition..
Just right click the partion.. goto

Settings / Security

then goto administrator and give him full access.
if ur not able to see any users and provide access
even in admin login then click advanced button
goto Owner . then select administrator
and put a check mark on Replace Owner on
subcontainer and objects.

do the same in premissions. then click ok..
now u wud be able to see various user in the
sharing / security tab... give them full access
and then try accessing.. hope it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom