Hey Guys i need some help regarding Rent issue?

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Hello Digit Forum,
this is a pretty silly question,but i really need your help here,i am second year CS student and i am living in hostel,i am planning to shift to a PG after this semester(3 rd Semester). Hence i started to search a PG nearby,and found one. Talked to the caretaker,and finally chose one room with two fans two light and fixed up the rent around Rs 4000 /-. It's not a room but a 3 bedroom flat each bedroom leased for rent along with common hall,

so yeah all the three bedroom will have one equal Electric meter and that's where the problem arises,me and my friend when asked the students(senior) in our vicinity about the problem if any in this locality?

were answered that the there is no problem here except the electricity bill,when we asked 'electricity bill'? they said yes the former students who used to live in our room as rent were paying around Rs 1600 as electricity bill,we were shocked ?

we will be only using 2 fans including 1 table fan 2 lights and 2 laptops and mobile charging that's it,what in the world will take our meter reading so high with these equipment's? Then my friend said lets check the meter wiring of this flat,then we came to know that the seniors,we,and one empty room is having a joint electricity meter,and they were trying to make us pay the whole electricity bill, so here I need some suggestion how to deal with them? as they are final year students we can't deal with aggressive gesture ?help needed ? can anyone help me to calculate how much max power in units would be consumed by us in a month?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The only way to do that is to install a separate meter just before the wire joins the main meter.. A separate meter is very cheap and you can ask any electrician to install it.. Take permission from the home owners and install it.. Pay whatever amount your own meter displays, the rest need to be paid by others..
This problem is very common in localities where people live together, this is the easiest solution

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
The only way to do that is to install a separate meter just before the wire joins the main meter.. A separate meter is very cheap and you can ask any electrician to install it.. Take permission from the home owners and install it.. Pay whatever amount your own meter displays, the rest need to be paid by others..
This problem is very common in localities where people live together, this is the easiest solution

oh thanks a lot for this suggestion,hence where can i find such meters?any online link would be appreciated :)

Top Bottom