Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsunny

Journeyman
Hi guys,
I cant open my local disk ie. drives(C,D,E,F) by double clicking...
same thing happened to my friends computer after he opened a .dll.vb file...
& i bring some data from his computer with my Pen Drive. but i checked my Pen drive with avast antivirus & nothing found... On right clicking the Local disks autoplay,search,open options comes.
so u guys help me plz.
i also find WSCRIPT.EXE process running in task manager & its more than one always.i think its the culprit.I checked with updated avast antivirus & Avg antispyware.But they co not detect any thing..
How get rid of this & make my drives normal?

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
It seems that u have run an VB Script file.

One thing u can do is delete autorun.ini file in drives.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
how about safemode? try to boot to safemode with networking and going to ewido.net run the online scan and remove infections (if found).

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
I deleted all autorun.ini files & .. .vb.dll files from all of my drives.. these files created after I inserted that Pen drive... & the WSCRIPT.EXE process always increase by one when I double click on my drives.

Prabhagaran

காத&#29
Same Sweet

Congrats man i too had the same virus from a pen drive.. Here is how you solve the issue..

Go to VIEW tab under FOLDER OPTIONS in your explorer window.. Uncheck "Hide protected OS files" and "Hide extensions of known file types" options.

Open the autorun file that you have in all your drives and find out the file name of the vb script (something named like win**.dll.vbs).
You may open up the vbs file in notepad to analyse the source of it that may be located at C:\WINDOWS folder.

Delete all the occurences of the vbs file and autorun file in all drives...

At last you have to hunt for the same file in C:\WINDOWS folder.. This file is the heart for WSRIPT.EXE. Make sure you delete the WSCIPT.EXE process before deleting the vbs file in C:\WINDOWS.

And Bingo!! You have removed the virus successfullyy.. .

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
thanks for reply..
I deleted all virus with updated avast.. but the drives still don't open..means the damage done by the virus remains.... When i double click my D drive. it shows error msg .. Can not find scipt file "D:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs"
How to make my drives normal..

My problem solved.. i deleted all autorun.inf files from all of my drives..& restarted my comp.. & everything is ok..thanks again Prabhagaran....

Last edited:

Prabhagaran

காத&#29
coolsunny said:
When i double click my D drive. it shows error msg .. Can not find scipt file "D:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs"
How to make my drives normal..

This means that the autorun.ini file still exists in your D drive. Search and
delete. Then reboot your machine.

And yours is the first thanks i recieve since i ve joined this forum... I m so happy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom