Help with Wifi internet on Galaxy Ace

Hello guys..
My Devices on this subject

Phone- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.3.4
PC- Dell Inspiron One (All-in-One)
Wireless Router- Digisol DG BG4011N Wireless ADSL Broadband Router (given by BSNL)

I can connect to my PC through wifi easily, but i cant get wifi access on my phone.
On my phone when i try to connecting to the router it keeps getting diconnected non stop.
However i can easily wirelessly connect to my PC as a peer.(but cant surf internet on the phone even with wifi connection with da PC)

My phone can connect to any other wifi networks, in Office and even Cyber Cafe wifi connections, but here at home, it cannot connect to our Wifi Router.

The PC was connected to the wifi router by the BSNL technicians.

Please help..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
In the router settings (generally accessed via 192.168.1.1) make sure that security settings for Wireless access are set to WPA2 instead of WEP protocol.

See if it works out for you...

Cheers!

rajeevk

Journeyman
Connectify is a good option for turning your PC in a WiFi hot spot. Then you can easily connect your mobile to your PC for internet use.

Last edited:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
doesnt work...even after changing to WPA2. it keeps asking password again and again even after putting my password

As for Connectify, it says it will conflict with Dell Wireless Assistant, so i coudltn finish the installation. Shall i go ahead with the installation
anyways?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
doesnt work...even after changing to WPA2. it keeps asking password again and again even after putting my password

I have a similar problem at my uncle's house. He also has a BSNL wifi+router box. He has the exact same problem.

At first, I suspected his router was defective. But now that you have a similar problem, I think the fault lies with the BSNL supplied device. Or maybe there is some issue with configuration. You should try to complain to BSNL and see if their technicians can help you out...

A regular Belkin or Netgear router coupled with a separate ADSL modem should be more dependable. What kind of internet setup do you have in your office where your phone can easily connect? Is it also a BSNL setup similar to yours? Or is it different?

At my home, I have Reliance broadband supplied ZTE modem and a separate Netgear router.

It seems to me like a router issue... See what you can do and keep us posted...

Cheers!

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
I just came home from Hostel after 8 months for Winter Vacation. A lot has changes since then, icluding the government quarters..so i have zero to little idea about the phone line n sh*t..
All i can say from my observation is that one phone line is Splitted to the ADSL Router and Phone line. We have only one phone line. There is one thick black LAN wire connected to the back of the router which is connected to the PC...OHMAFGAWD i just noticed, this PC aint connected over wifi, its through Rj45 wire!!! realiesed while typing
Why da F did dad put a wireless router???
Anyways all these r too mumbo jumbo and i have very less info about stuffs here.. And my Dad wont call the BSNL techie jst for my mobile phone so i might as well wait till the router gets spoiled or something bad happens to it..

Anyways, i can connect my Printer and phone to my Inspiron One since it has inbuilt wifi...so can i surf the internet using the wifi from the PC?

Top Bottom