Help with the speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjstays

Broken In
hi all,

i have a 4.1 speaker system with me. it actually belonged to my brother. lost all the satellite speakers when we moved home. my brother some how got two custom built speaker towers. once he moved to Delhi for his MBA, i shelved the whole system and got a new 5.1 speaker setup. now i want to revive the old speaker setup. how can i add up two new speakers?
do i need to look for some more info before embark in this new journey?

Guys, please suggest. just remember u r talking to a complete idiot here :oops:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You want to revive the old 4.1 system, is that right? You already have two speakers which were custom built. I think adding two more should mean just wiring them in parallel to the two channels since most of the 4.1 are nothing but two channels clubbed together.

If you're thinking of attaching the two old speakers to the new 5.1 set to make it 7.1 system then forget it, you're better of not doing so. Anyways post the pic so we can further help you.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
thanx for the replies. find the pics attached. you are right, just want to revive the 4.1 speaker system. Before i walk up to any shop and sound like an idiot need to know what i need :oops:View attachment 3144
please let me know whether the pictures can be seen.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
From what I can notice, the two jacks on the left side are outputs while the two on right are inputs(which should be a 3.5mm jack on your computer side).
If you need to connect two extra speakers then you can connect by making the left & right parallel.

For this you will need to open the flower pin of both the speakers & then solder the wires of two other speakers in them. Left should go to left & right to right. Then you should have a pseudo 4.1 system.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
hey thanks for the input..

i want to add two more speakers to it, so the basic setup of 4 speakers and 1 woofer remains the same. what i wanted to know is do i need to mention a few things to the shop keeper to ensure i purchase the right kinda speakers? if required i can place an order for custom made speakers as well. but the only problem i do not know what i exactly i need to mention!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ok.
I think you approach the shop owner from where you buy speakers & ask him to wire them. He should do it & take a small amount. This would be better.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
hey.. thnx all for the replies// will try that ovr in the coming weekend and will let u know about the outcome. hey kush, u can still write that tutorial down.. didnt say i am not game to try something on my own.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom