Help with SuSe 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire

Broken In
Has anybody tried Suse9.1. If yes then please tell me how to access gnome desktop. there is no option for gnome in the login menu. during installation i have also clicked gnome desktop but now after installation i can't find anyway to access gnome desktop.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
What login manager are you using ? If can't be GDM (gnome desktop manager) .... Its KDM i think.... Open KDE Control Center and go to login manager.... there you should be able to add more Desktop Managers.... for GNOME you have to enter gnome-session

OP
F

fire

Broken In
i have checked the kde control center, there is option for gnome desktop manager n also i can't find which desktop manager im using coz there is nothing written like KDM or GDM.

talrejaharish

Journeyman
Hey im using SuSe 9.1 from a Live CD

i wanna know how to get my Hard Disks to mount as wen i start my system with SuSE it doesnt detect the drives on my comp

so wat to do ???

tried their help but unable to do it

can anyone help ???

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
talrejaharish said:
i wanna know how to get my Hard Disks to mount as wen i start my system with SuSE it doesnt detect the drives on my comp
Its a live CD, you cant do anything about it if your live CD is not mounting your partitions on startup... However i'm sure you are able to mount your partitions manually...

talrejaharish

Journeyman
i heard tat i can mount it manually but i dont know how to do it !!!

can anyone post here how to mount the drives manually !!!

plz plz plz

its preventing me from using SuSE Linux

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Mounting harddisk partitions manually

assuming that your C drive is FAT32, D drive is ntfs.

# mkdir /mnt/c
# mkdir /mnt/d
# mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/c
# mount -t ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/d

On a live CD you can not write onto your /etc/fstab file, so you have to mount it manually everytime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom