Help with Printer Software

vicky2008

Broken In
I have a monochrome printer(LBP 3300) and am planning to buy a colour printer (a low cost inkjet printer). The monochrome printer prints at very low cost while the other(colour printer) is very costly per page. Is there any way by which I can separately print the black elements in the monochrome printer and the colour elements in the colour printer?

Is there any software that does it?

The documents are mainly PDF documents.

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
Is there any way by which I can separately print the black elements in the monochrome printer and the colour elements in the colour printer?

What?

If you are getting a new Printer and want very low printing cost then you can go for epson L200 with company fitted ciss tank.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If you have two printers installed, you can choose from which printer you need to use every time. Go to properties of printer and change to bmonochrome or inkjet according to your requirement.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Lol just get a decent inkjet from hp...specifically a deskjet series...the per page cost wont be very high and comparable to your older monochrome printer..Modern low budget inkjet printers are very efficient in low cost printing...both coloured and b/w.

Secondly if you want to print black and white pages from your older printer and coloured pages from new printer just switch default printer in control panel.
Though what i am guessing is that perhaps you want the black elements of a particular page from old printer and then again use the same paper in new printer for rest of coloured elements.I lf thats what are looking for then sorry there aint a way to do that.

Tech&ME

Banned
I have a monochrome printer(LBP 3300) and am planning to buy a colour printer (a low cost inkjet printer). The monochrome printer prints at very low cost while the other(colour printer) is very costly per page. Is there any way by which I can separately print the black elements in the monochrome printer and the colour elements in the colour printer?

The documents are mainly PDF documents.

Ha Ha.

That is how magazines are printed... this is exactly how screen printing works... :)

But unfortunately you cannot do this in windows and particularly with PDF files.

Even if you try, the elements placed on the PDF files must match with spindle speed of the printer when you print them separetely on each printer which, I think will not match.

i.e., when you print in your old printer the black elements, it may take a different margin settings and the paper may roll in a particular speed. And when you print the other coloured elements on your inkjet, this printer may have a different speed settings and the paper may roll out in a different speed.

Hence, there is a high change of elements been getting OVER PRINTED.

-------

In Screen Printing they use the SAME printer but use different blocks to print all the 4 colours on the same paper.

i.e., If a page of a magazine has elements in 4 colours, they will make 4 solid block of this elements.

Then they will insert the 1st block in the screen printing machine and the elements of this block gets printed on the paper.

Now, they will use the SAME paper but this time they will put the 2nd block to print the elements of that block.

And they will continue to do this for the rest of the 2 times.

And this is how a page of magazine gets printed using screen printing. :) :grin: :grin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom