Help with my new System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
My new system is up and running but i need some help.
-MSI's Dual Core center shows CPU temp @ 43c,is that normal?
-ATI Catalyst Center shows 0c!?
-My screen flickers at times with red patches when switched on and then gets back to normal
-What should be my screens refresh rate?
-I have set the resolution to 1680x1050 which is my monitors Native resolution,but everything looks very thin an long
-What is the best softrse to track my GFX and CPU temp?
Im using the stock cooler for my CPU and i have a 120mm exhaust fan and two 80mm intake fans.should i make them faster and how do i do that?

Note-im using Vista Home Basic

tq

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
CPU temp @ 43c is absolutely normal

use Speed Fan to notice GPU temperatures. I do get temperature for my card in ATI Catalyst CC.

Install Catalyst 8.10. flickering may be due to drivers

your screen's refresh rate depends on your LCD. It should be mentioned in the manual. I think it's 60Hz

You can increase font size and DPI in vista to make font look bigger. Right click on desktop, Personalize, Adjust font size (left pane), Larger Scale 120DPI, click ok. Reboot PC and you will see that the text is bigger.

Speedfan and Everest Ultimate

For now, don't mess with fanspeed setting. your system is pretty cool as of now.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
tnx a lot.
i have another big prob.
my on board LAN port"Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)" with Driver Ver.-6.203.214.2008 shows "Unidentified Network" whereas my Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC plugged on my PCI port detects my network but is slow.

any sol?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Even I am having few network related issues with Vista as of now. Can't help you with that dude. wait for others to respond.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
hmm....guys pls help me out here.
i have installed VISTA for the first time and hence i have to download a lot of drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom